A,B buttons labeling?

Did anyone else notice that although the A and B buttons are not labeled, they do line up with the A and B in the ArduBoy logo?

Perhaps recoloring the A and B in future builds might be a good idea?

4 Likes

I’m not the first to have noticed it but I did mention it last September, and again in March.

2 Likes

It is a really clever design, whoever come up with the idea.

I noticed that A and B in “Arduboy” were well positioned depending on the buttons and I don’t think recoloring those letters is a good idea. The present build is both functional and subtle. As soon as somebody told you the secret trick, you see it very clearly on the front of your Arduboy.

1 Like

You can also just remember that the buttons are in AlphaBetical order :slight_smile:

1 Like

In my personal opinion, it would be better to have them labeled, just because usability reasons. Not a problem for me, but it is “free” to fix using the pcb silkscreen

2 Likes

For now I’m pretty happy with the subtle labeling using the Arduboy logo at the same time. A and B also makes sense as most of us read left to right. It’s also opposite of what Game Boy had so makes us different.

Also we only have 2 buttons so labeling them to avoid confusion is not a high priority, prefer keeping it clean.

1 Like