A_BUTTON doesn't work after uploading Arduboy Gamepad

(Mattia Colasanto) #1

Hello, Guys.
Today, 20th December 2016 i have uploaded Arduboy Gamepad Sketch to test it.
When i have uploaded it i noticed that it doesn’t work well.
After i have installed ArduSnake to test it , I realized that was not working the key A_BUTTON :frowning:

What i have tried :

• Clean EEPROM;
  • Disassembled Arduboy to test hardware;

What i think is the problem :

When I was hacking with Arduboy Gamepad I “accidentally” modified settings by assigning anything to A_BUTTON and now I do not know how to restore it :frowning: Help me please …

Regards.
-P3RISH (Mattia Colasanto);

(spinal) #2

Easiest way, would be to re-download the Arduboy library, that should restore all of the settings.

(Scott) #3

Does the A button work with the Buttons example sketch included with the Arduboy and Arduboy2 libraries?

File > Examples > Arduboy2 > Buttons

or

File > Examples > Arduboy > Buttons

(Mattia Colasanto) #4

No, it does not work the same :frowning: @MLXXXp

(Scott) #5

If all the other buttons work but the A button doesn’t, then it looks like a hardware problem.

(Mattia Colasanto) #6

But this morning I was using them all and they were working, but immediately after installing arduboy gamepad something has changed … @MLXXXp

(Mattia Colasanto) #7

This method doesn’t work :frowning: any other ideas ?

(Scott) #8

An older sketch can’t affect the operation of a newer loaded sketch except through values in EEPROM. The Buttons example doesn’t use EEPROM so all the buttons should work.

(Mattia Colasanto) #9

Oh , now all it’s clear ! There is an hardware problem :persevere: how can i solve it ?

(Scott) #10

http://www.arduboy.com/contact/

(Holmes) #11

Just to make sure I’m following the conversation correctly… You said that uploading a new game does not resolve the A button not being recognized, correct?

(Mattia Colasanto) #12

All sorted out boys, it was enough just to remove some dust from the button and press it stronger, thanks anyway :wink:

(Kevin) #13

Excellent repairs @P3RISH we hold a special place in our hearts for people who are able to fix things! :slight_smile: