Anyone recall "Elevator Action?"

Is anyone working on a version of “Elevator Action?” I think it would be a good fit for the Arudboy! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Could be interesting, you could try to make it happen?

3 Likes

I think I had this on one of those el-cheapo knock-off 50-in-1 consoles that plugs into TVs.

It’s certainly doable.

It’s only just occurred to me how slowly projectiles tend to move in arcade games (compared to reality).

1 Like

If projectiles in arcade games had realistic physics the games would be much shorter and really eat your quarters lol.

1 Like

Or in my case 20ps. Or maybe 50ps.
(It’s been so long since I’ve seen an arcade machine that I can’t remember how much they cost.)

2 Likes

I’d love to, but it would be done better and much, much faster by other hands. :slight_smile:

It’s all about learning! And it would still be faster than if no one is doing it :wink:

4 Likes

I second what @Vampirics said.

I think you’ll be waiting a long time if you’re hoping someone else will see this idea and decide to try to make it.

Personally speaking I’d rather spend time helping other people to learn and develop games than writing games myself.

Writing games myself doesn’t really feel like an achievement because I already know I’m capable of doing so, but helping other people, even if they don’t finish the game, feels like something worth doing because it’s spreading knowledge and givng other people a chance to experience what it’s like to make a game.

5 Likes

This is fantastic! Thumbs up for your comment!

2 Likes