ArduBigBOY (WAS: My Homemade: Pro Micro, SSD1309, with Flash Cart)

(Kevin) #81

If you want to try and smooth the print out more you can also use body filler like bondo and then sand that down. If you work it when its in it’s green state then its waaaay easier to sand than the PLA.

(serisman) #82

Yep… will do that next time. This was just an experiment, to see if it was worth proceeding or not.

(jon yakowec) #83

Looks awesome, great job. If your looking to get a smoother print try enable smoothing in the print settings of your slicer. It helps a lot though it does add to the print time. When i made my homemade arduboy i enabled smoothing, then gave it a light sanding with 4000 grit sandpaper followed with a shot of clear coat.

(serisman) #84

I found some nicer / quieter switches that work great with the footprint that is already on the v1 PCB.

These feel / sound almost like the Arduboy’s buttons now. I still need to re-design the 3D printed case/buttons slightly to account for the extra height.

(Kevin) #85

Nice! Yeah these seem like ALPS of copies of their soft touch design. Looks nice!

(Kea Oliver) #86

When i made a pigirl thing I used whatever cheap switches. It was so loud and irritating. Quiet switches are important.