Arduboy, Arduventure Special Edition [Solved]

I excpet I’ve got that to look forward too.
Mine still hasn’t done anything since it supposedly ‘departed’ Heathrow.

Bummer. my tracking info says it ‘Processed Through Facility’ for 3 days. So it’s probably at customs. Keeping my fingers crossed for a safe pass.

I’ve had no update on the tracking history for a week now.
Not even a mention of it being held due to payment charges.

I’m guessing yours still says the same?

I received a card to pay the fee yesterday (Tuesday) and arranged delivery for tomorrow so hopefully should be with me over the bank holiday.

1 Like

Hrm, I haven’t even received that.
If there’s no news by tommorrow then I may have to look into finding a way of contacting someone who knows what’s going on.

Oh no’s :scream: I just checked my tracking info and it say’s it was delivered this afternoon. But there wasn’t any mail today :sob:

Oh, sorry to hear that. I did have something similar a few weeks ago, turned out the delivery service did mark the package as delivered before they did…
Hope you get it soon😢

1 Like

Analizing the tracking data again. I think it was ‘delivered’ (collected) by the postal services that handle customs fees. So I’m hoping a postal dude (or dudette) will ring my doorbell soon to collect 20-30 Euros of customs fees.

2 Likes

My unit arrived yesterday as arranged. I also received a notification from Kevin via Kickstarter yesterday to say my parcel needed attention.

Fee calculated to £15.44

1 Like

I was right. The packet was ‘delivered’ at the postal services. But they didn’t try any attempt to deliver it to my door. Instead they droped it at a pick-up point. So after going there and paying a €19.65 custom fee, it was MINE :star_struck::heart_eyes::sunglasses:

3 Likes

These are serious import fees!

Australian Customs does a real half assed job collecting customs. I have never, ever been charged tax on anything I have imported. I have brought in a lot of bike parts with no problems.

3 Likes

In germany you are lucky if anything you imported does arrive at all. No CE certificate, no german manual? This could be destroyed right in customs or send back without even any reason explained to you.

1 Like

I’m still half expecting to find out mine has been destroyed in a controlled explosion. :P
If I don’t get any more notice in the next few days I’m walking down to the post office and threatening to pour all their teabags down the toilet if they don’t cooperate. :P

Being told it’s been put on hold at customs is one thing, but absolutely no news for 10 days is annoying.
(Even a ‘still in transit’ update would be nice.)

I’m also concerned because the mailman has been mixing up people’s letters again, giving us other peoples’ post and no doubt giving other people our post.
As I said once before, if it ends up on the wrong doorstep I may never see it.

3 Likes

I know exactly how you feel. I did wait for a package held in customs for months a few years ago, only to tell me it is send back, because they couldn’t read the address. Three days later it was delivered with the correct address.
I think this is a microcosm of unsolved mysteries. Hope you get it soon😢

2 Likes

We say the same about Italy :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Shipping is finished except for a few slackers! How did we do? Sounds like maybe if we have a lot of customers in the UK getting some fulfillment there may actually pay off to customers.

2 Likes

https://arduboy.com/buy-now/ If anyone wants to grab extras we have a few for sale in the store right now, going fast!

2 Likes

Just 7 left! Hurry Hurry! :smiley:

3 Likes

I finally got some news!

While I wasn’t around the postman dropped off a card.
£15.44 customs charge. ; n ;
Plus I’ll have to get up early and collect it between 7 and 12.

(Odd that the tracking page never updated to mention the customs charge like yours did though.)

3 Likes

Not sure if they do things differently in your area but I had the option to pick a delivery date when paying the fee online.

Great that you’ve tracked it down though.

2 Likes