Yay, finally my Arduboy arrived! I so looked forward to having it!
Unfortunately, it seems to be bricked out of the box!
I never managed to turn it on. It’s a bit as described in Arduboy died - Only red led on when plugged.
- I took it out of the box and turned on/off switch to on. Nothing happened, the display stayed black.
- So I plugged my mobile’s USB charger on. The red LED turned on.
- I tried the on/off switch again, but nothing happened.
- After a whole night (~ 10 hours), the red LED was still on. As I don’t think the Arduboy’s battery has that much capacity, I guessed the red LED won’t show when charging has completed.
- I tried to connect it to my Laptop and followed the instructions in the Quick start guide, going right to Codebender, installing all drivers and letting the website connect to my Arduboy. I had only one port to choose from, but Codebender didn’t recognize my device. The LED was just plain red all the time, no other LED enlightened.
- Finally, I followed the How to Reset Arduboy if it’s Bricked guide. At the point when the yellow LED flashed up, nothing happened. Just the red LED constantly on all the time. Doesn’t matter whether I keep the reset button pushed for 1 sec, 6 secs or 10 secs.
What can I do now? Every help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
All the best,