Arduboy Button gone faulty [Solved]

Hello, I was using my arduboy the other day on new years and it was working perfectly fine no problems. But the day after I tried to play my game on it, and the left button wouldn’t work at all, only when pressed down way harder than other buttons.
I waited a while to see if it’ll change but even though its slightly better now its still not working right.

I only got my arduboy a month and a half ago and its been great up to this point so I’m really not sure why this is happening.

1 Like

If all else fails you can try using the contact page to send an email to the Arduboy team.

It might be a while before you get a reply as “The office is also sort of closed at the moment (traveling for the holidays)”.

Until then I don’t know if there’s anything anyone else can suggest to help remedy the situation.
Hopefully someone else here might be able to shed more light on the issue.

He can remove the screws and swap the button to check if the metallic dome is damaged or the plastic part (the pointy thing in the button).

1 Like

Another option is to contact the seller if purchased elsewhere they may be able to send a replacement.

1 Like

I’ll contact pimori and see about a replacement and to the arduboy team.

If I cant get a replacement I’ll see about repair I just really want it working properly again, so I can continiue with my blocktoidz game really dont want to leave that unfinished.

Thank you for the responses.

1 Like

oh and I did open it the button looked the same as the others and I wapped the plastic buttons around and it still did the same thing

1 Like

So the metallic dome is faulty. Contact them

1 Like

Hello to anyone else who lands on this page, whenever you have a hardware problem with your device please feel free to use www.arduboy.com/contact/ to get a hold of us we will try to help!

1 Like