Arduboy Game Loader by TEAM a.r.g


#1

We present to you our Arduboy Game Loader: http://www.team-arg.org/AGL-manual.html

Features:

  • upload .arduboy files
  • import new .arduboy files
  • upload .hex files
  • displays information and screenshots for each game
  • expandable - collapsable info screen

Limitations:

  • for now only Windows (working on Mac and Linux)
  • offline only (so you have to download games from (our) websites and than import them
  • only resizable height.

Credit goes to @delegatevoid :wink:


New (another) unofficial Arduboy Uploader :)
Newb here, what now?
Arduboy Game Format Guide: .arduboy files
Tiny Digital Invader - 7-segment display
(Holmes) #2

It’s finally released!! Getting it now!

EDIT: Hmm, it doesn’t seem to want to upload.


#3

Does it work with a TEAM arg game ?


(Holmes) #4

I tried with the Blob Attack file I had, then made sure to download the latest version from your site, just in case. Neither worked.


#5

Strange … @delegatevoid got any idea what’s happening here ?


(Gavin Atkin) #6

Just tried the version from the website and it worked for me with the included Blob Attack file.


(Ignacio Viña) #7

It works perfectly on my PC. Thanks! :slight_smile:

I have packed my game Bangi to .arduboy format. Here is the link:

Bangi 1.1: https://github.com/igvina/Bangi/blob/master/bin/Bangi_v1.1.arduboy


(Kelvin Smith) #8

Can’t wait for mac release!


(Mike) #9

Maybe someone here has advice for me. My game (1010) draws the last saved game as the title screen, so I don’t have a bitmap somewhere to use for one. Is there some easy way to generate an image from that?

Thanks,
Mike


(Ignacio Viña) #11

You can use the Chrome plugin created by @davidperrenoud to take screenshots of your game:

http://community.arduboy.com/t/multi-player-and-screen-capture-using-a-chrome-app/553

You need to add into your game this line to send the screen buffer to the computer:

Serial.write(arduboy.getBuffer(), 128 * 64 / 8);


(Timothy) #13

I’ll add some logging.


#14

The loader works fine!

You can find my game ArduIndy here: https://github.com/JacosteCode/ArduIndy


(Timothy) #15

Well I can actually reproduce the issue but only in release mode, so I’ll have to dig into it this week.


(Mike) #16

Hmm. It doesn’t like the name “1010.arduboy”. It’ll open the file and apparently parse it, but the file never shows up in the games library.

Changing the name to “Tiny-1010.arduboy” works fine.

And if you want it, you can find a copy at http://arduboy.mired.org/static/Tiny-1010.arduboy


(Timothy) #17

I’ve opened a Trello board here: https://trello.com/b/iOxII0rZ/gameloader


(Timothy) #18

I took the file renamed it to 1010.arduboy and it showed up. (see screenshot in trello),
Something else must have caused the issue.


(Timothy) #19

Turns out I actually cannot reproduce it. The release folder on this machine didn’t have avrdude.exe
(not my normal build system).

So it’s back to square one.
@crait just a sanity check but can you verify that in the directory you got from the extracted download,
you can find

  • ArduboyGameLoader-b17.exe (or whatever @JO3RI called it for that release)
  • avrdude.conf
  • avrdude.exe
  • libusb0.dll

Side note: In the future we’ll provided the app as a sandboxed application with auto update capabilities to prevent
any directory/deployment issues.


(Timothy) #20

I’ve uploaded a new version which adds some logging (local only, does not send data anywhere)

Download here
The SHA1 checksum for the file a832e2284b22196749e7d5a26eaf74960a94a4c2

(Always check the checksum for anything you download,
never trust a checksum hosted on the same server as the download)

If you guys run into issues, feel free to zip (bzip2, 7z, whatever…) the logs and attach them here
or better yet, to the trello board.


#21

A great page for info about how to make the hex-file for the .arduboy-file:

http://www.theengineeringprojects.com/2015/10/hex-file-arduino.html

Cheers Jacoste


(David Alin Shaheen) #23

I can’t get it to detect my Arduboy, it just says Arduino not found. Arduino IDE detects it just fine on COM5. I have used other cables and usb ports but it just refuses to detect it for some reason.