Arduboy game recommendations

Hi. I don’t know what games to play on my Arduboy. Can everyone share their favourites and recommendations? I already played Mystic Balloon but I’m stuck on level 7.

A quick easy search using the search option in the forum will show you other posts askng question like that already answered…

Here is one of these posts

The game displayed on the main page are good ones too.

1 Like

I should update the main page directory.

The games directory in the forum is sorted by likes so that’s great to search through.

2 Likes

Are there any Metroid kind of games or fighting ones like super Smash Bros?

2 Likes

… Omega Horizon from NeoRetro Games is pretty much that. As for fighting the only i know is Festive Fight. Man you really should use the search options, you will get answers way faster than always asking people right away. At this point a lot of people already asked most of these questions and they have been answered already.

Feel free to still ask if you dont find what you are looking for after you searched though :wink:

2 Likes

It might not be quite what you’re looking for, but Karateka has fighting.

Ordinarily I’d agree, but I think it’s probably a bit harder to search for games without knowing about them already since we don’t have them sorted by genre (on the forum at least), so you’ve more or less got to hope enough information is mentioned in the thread.

(Come to think of it, I wonder if the Arduboy ought to adopt the tags plugin like the Pokitto forum uses. Then we could tag games by genre and so forth.)

1 Like

This is as close as we got, really think it has potential though…

1 Like

Honestly there are so many good games its ridiculous. Id even be willing to say the Arduboy has a better game library than the Gameboy, and probably even the Gameboy Color as well (at least what it may lack in quantity it surpasses in quality)… which is especially impressive considering it has even tighter memory limitations. Some of the people on here are programming wizards (at least thats gotta be the only logical explanation considering some of the stuff theyve managed to do). Im not around my computer to check right now and cant remember off the top of my head but wanted to leave this comment so id remember to come back to this thread later with some of my favorites.

2 Likes

Hey now, let’s not go overboard.

I do agree that Arduboy does have a high percentage of quality games considering what it is.

I do agree that there are a lot of commercial consoles that we do have a better library than, but I don’t think it’s ones made by Nintendo!

2 Likes

Eh, suit yourself, all im sayin is i grew up with the original Gameboy/GBC, and while the Arduboy might not have games as long as something like Pokemon (for example) ive found the replayability much higher and still prefer the Arduboy library when it comes to games you can pick up and play (plus there are some games you can dump quite a bit of time into). Seems to be a bit more variety as well. Just being honest!

2 Likes

Here’s a list of my favorites (in no particular order), although i second everyone else in saying id also recommend looking through the repository and forums as well since there are a lot of other good ones.

…and just by comparison i think i only still care to really play maybe 10 or so gameboy/GBC games :wink:

Road Trip
Forest Trader
MayQ
Dark & Under
SFZ (Super Fantasy Zone)
Virus LQP-79
Curse of AstaroK
Hopper
Midnight Wild
Rooftop Rescue
Lagunita
Star Honor
Catacombs of the Damned
Arduminer
Juno First
Micro City
Tacklebox
Starduino
Mini Rogue
Circuit Dude
Arduventure
Space Cab
Evade 2
MicroTank
Rooftops
Joustish
3-in-1 Qbert/Excitebike/Hat Trick
Petit of the Dead

3 Likes

I like that Road Trip is on top (even though you said they are in no particular order!).

3 Likes

anybody know if it possible to get source code somewhere for
MayQ
SFZ (Super Fantasy Zone)
Starduino
3-in-1 Qbert/Excitebike/Hat Trick
Petit of the Dead

1 Like

MayQ, SFZ, and Petit of the Dead can be found here (the other two games’ pages are at the bottom of this one):

Cobinee’s blog/archive

Edit:

Qbert/Excitebike/Hat Trick here

And if you search the Arduboy game repository here and are interested in the source code, most games usually have it linked to ‘More Information’ for each one.

3 Likes

Starduino’s closed source.

MayQ at least is ‘source available’. (I.e. there’s no licence, so normal copyright rules apply.)

3 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Problem uploading game with header files