Arduboy GB

Just a quick update on the project currently the parts are on there way (Besides the LCD screen still trying to find a small and good screen please reply recommendations for the screen)

Since I have almost got most of the parts (No LCD screen yet please link small good LCD screens) I want to know if anyone wants any other features to the 90’s Arduboy (Which should probaly get a different name reply any suggestions)

I made this as concept art but Im wondering if anyone would like this game to be made. Personally I have no experience with C and have some from C++ by Making a funny game for my friend in Unreal engine for April fools but besides this no experience what so ever

I get the impression that no-one has given you a strong recommendation for an LCD screen because no-one in this community has managed to find and drive one with sufficient speed and clarity that you’d be able to make most games look good or even playable on it. So you may want to do some experiments, like I did with the 2.4" UC1701 lcd I bought from buydisplay.com. Perhaps it would be interesting to see if the Nokia 5110 screen can be pressed into service (although it doesn’t have good pixel mapping to arduboy games) PCD8544 Fast Library demo - YouTube where apparently the render times are in microseconds but continuous animation isn’t shown.

3 Likes

Don’t make games to please others, make games because you want to make them.

If you want to make the game, just make it.
You may succeed, or you may fail, but either is better than not trying.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

(Also, for the record, the Arduboy is programmed with C++.)

2 Likes

Do or Do not there is no try

1 Like

I been looking at screens since I need something to do well I’m waiting for the parts to come and If also seen some TFT Lcd screens which would be a middle ground between the LCD screens similar to the old Game and Watch systems and the OLED screen of modern smartphones and the Arduboy (Wow one other thing similar between these too besides the lack of the headphone jack but the Arduboy is so thin you couldn’t fit it on there)

ArduDOGGO

Where did you find the keyboard extension?

1 Like

The Flashcart page @n602 made this

1 Like

ArdudogDEMO
Coming Soon

3 Likes

If I learned anything from SEGA its making dumb add-ons which you barely support and then surprisingly release and next gen system which you also barely support

Very Good idea

1 Like

This got me thinking im pretty most people know of the Turbographx16 or PC engine and its interesting cartridges would possible to create a cartridge like that if we make the plastic thinner and remove the header

This is my wiring for the 90’s arduboy for some reason the screen glitches around with only a corner of the game visible and yes I know those 3 wires are not soldered but when they came off the screen started to work

Does anyone know why it’s working like this?

2 Likes

Magic Electron Pixies

1 Like

Well, since you’ve stated:

You should be able to figure it out. :wink:

If it’s not due to shorts or poor connections, the extended path of the signals due to the extra wire length could be picking up noise, or the extra capacitance could be a factor.

That’s not all

More likely magic electron gremlins. :P

1 Like

I was gonna say gremlins

some of the wire ends look very spikey/hairy (some of the core wires are poking out) and may cause your issue. I’d recommend to replace those wires. strip the wire end, twist them, tin them and cut them to about 1mm in length. If the ends are hard to solder apply some flux or use a new piece of piece of wire or use some single core (AWG30) wire

Since the board is double sided you also may wanna check there are no shorts between pads at the otherside. A good scrub with a small flat screwdriver between the pads may also help to get rid of tiny solder shorts.

1 Like