Arduboy image converter

@Gaveno yep that is kept the same.

(Josh Goebel) #22

core.h has an illustration in the comments.

(Gavin Atkin) #23

Is drawSelfMasked still interpolating between the image and the mask? From my tests it doesn’t appear to be the case?
Edit: Nevermind. I was using the wrong method haha.

(Mike McRoberts) #24

I’m trying to use this image converter and although the image shows correctly on the web page when it is uploaded to the AarduBoy each 8x8 block is rotated 90 degrees. Why is this, please?

this image converter

The online one ? the one on top of this topic ?
uh ? … what function are you using to display the image ?

(Mike McRoberts) #26

I am using drawBitmap

(Holmes) #27

Try this page: http://fuopy.github.io/arduboy-image-converter/

@fuopy’s image converter is awesome. It even creates an entire .ino file. This way we can really pinpoint the problem.

(Mike McRoberts) #28

That makes them 90 degrees counter clockwise also.

@TheArduinoGuy maybe you should upload your image as a reference ?

(Mike McRoberts) #30

Here it is…

@TheArduinoGuy Okay and you want to show this image EXACTLY shown on the arduoby screen as you posted it here ?

(Mike McRoberts) #32

This is a sprite that is 8 pixels wide and 16 pixels high. I have chopped it into two 8x8 sprites and put them side by side.

When put through Craigs sprite convertor it rotates them 90 degrees CCW. When I put it into the browser one it completely screws it up.

(Holmes) #33

@fuopy’s converter worked fine for me. Which program are you using to make the image?

Besides, what you show is 16 wide and 8 high, and my result would be the exact same thing as @crait is showing.

@TheArduinoGuy Are you sure you’re passing height and width correctly to the drawBitmap function

(Holmes) #35

He said it’s a 8(wide) by 16(tall) bitmap that he cut into two squares (8x8) and set side-by-side, to be 16(wide) by 8(tall).

Still think he’s passing the wrong sizes to drawBitmap.

@crait maybe just copy paste your PROGMEM line and the drawBitmap line so he can reference ?

(Holmes) #37

Here’s the entire code I used:

#include <Arduboy.h>

Arduboy arduboy;

const unsigned char image[] PROGMEM = {
	0x07, 0x8f, 0x73, 0x21, 0x25, 0xf5, 0x7f, 0xff, 
	0xa0, 0x47, 0xb9, 0x52, 0xf2, 0x81, 0x90, 0xbd, 

};

void setup()
{
	arduboy.beginNoLogo();

arduboy.clear();
	arduboy.drawBitmap(0, 0, image, 16, 8, 1);
	arduboy.display();
}

void loop()
{

}

(Gavin Atkin) #38

Why break it into two 8x8 images?

(Mike McRoberts) #39

I have tried this tool several times now using different programs to create the image and it does not work with the arduboy.drawBitmap function but only with the arduboy.drawSlowXYBitmap.

(Holmes) #40

Please post your entire code. Thanks!