Arduboy Jet Pac

(Mike McRoberts) #21

True. I’ll sort that out.

(Mike McRoberts) #22

OK I can adjust the json file accordingly.

I will also adjust the screenshots in PS so they are 2 bit black and white.

Thanks.

(Holmes) #23

Screenshots may contain color, but it is heavily suggested that the screenshots are legit screenshots that are not altered or just photos of someone playing a game. What is most important is the image’s deminsions.

(Mike McRoberts) #24

They were legit screenshots using Snagit. However, they were from a video of the game rather than the game itself (via your tool for example). So obviously some greyscale has crept in somewhere. I can do them again using your screen mirroring tool and Snagit.

(Holmes) #25

Yeah, make sure the images are exactly 128x64 pixels. I included a Screenshot button in my program to help saving exact screenshots. Ripping them from a video may cause artifacts. I would take a look, but I have without access to a computer.

(Mike McRoberts) #26

no problem i’ll sort out all of the above tomorrow.

(Mike McRoberts) #27

OK I have uploaded new screenshots and amended the json file.

I have also updated the code so there is now the option at the start to erase the high score from EEPROM.

Jonathan it should now be good to go to add to your Arduboy Manager.

Thanks guys.

Mike
a.k.a. TheArduinoGuy

(Timothy R Sanvido) #28

Great game! Thanks for making it

(Holmes) #29

The supplied .arduboy file does not contain an info.json file, therefore, the Arduboy Manager could not load the game. @TheArduinoGuy, when looking at your GitHub, I see that you accidentally left it out. Downloading and putting it back into the .arduboy file allowed it to work on my program. I have also uploaded it to my repository.

(Mike McRoberts) #30

DOH!!! Thanks, I’ll fix it later today.

(Tom Sparrow) #31

Great game Mike, thanks for making it, me and the kids love it.

(Mike McRoberts) #32

I have finished my 2nd ZX Spectrum game port. Took 6 days. I’m off to bed now. Links and vids tomorrow.

(Phil Graham) #33

Just downloaded it to my Arduboy. It’s addictive to say the least!

(Mike McRoberts) #34

Glad you like it Phil.

:slight_smile:

(Mike McRoberts) #35

Once you’ve tried Jet Pac, you can give Arcodia a go…

http://community.arduboy.com/t/new-game-arcodia/2958

(Phil Graham) #36

Not sure if it’s a bug or not but it says reset high score which is currently set at 4294967295 when I hit reset it doesn’t reset.

(Phil Graham) #37

How do you reset the high score?

(Mike McRoberts) #38

Up down key then press A.

(Phil Graham) #39

Yay got it

Cheers @TheArduinoGuy

(Miles Ranisavljevic) #40

It’s a small thing, but I would love to see a “sound on/off” toggle! Otherwise I can’t get really good at it on the bus without annoying my fellow bus riders.