Arduboy @ Massdrop for $42.99 if >= 10 commit

#define he she/he
#define Bob Sally or Bob

Thought I would mention that’s a pretty nice price; anyone know how to get a fresh one cheaper? I was thinking put $ down for it because I think I’m gonna give it as a gift. Perhaps to a geeky cheap programmer. Maybe like until I find the right programmer, they’ll be a story, and a situation set up, he’ll be like “I need a new perspective,” and then I can swoop in to save the day. “Here Bob, try this.” And then pretty much like dominoes he arrives to the forum. Anyone have a friend like this? I think I do, or might, some day. Maybe that’s nurturing the forum. :smiley:

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/seeed-arduboy-handheld-arcade/

UPDATE: sorry, link was broken, for some reason it changed the link to a a forwarding link…
UPDATE: turns out massdrop is playing games with with forwarding links if you’re not a user or logged in… won’t tell you the price either. have to find it manually… sorry about that…

3 Likes

Great idea to get people to try them … how many did you buy?

2 Likes

just 1. i figure there will be at least one deserving person between receive and Christmas.

3 Likes

Message to friends of @WrinklyWink: Be nice to him as he is comes bearing gifts!

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about getting one for one of my teachers (she is the source of my laser cutter making her very deserving). This definitely helps. Thanks Man!

2 Likes

Nice one … sure better than the traditional apple for a teacher.

2 Likes

I never really understood the tradition of giving apples, I thought it was kinda cheap and I hated seeing them go to waste. Now something like an Arduboy will last a long time and make you the teachers favorite. :wink:

1 Like

I’ve never actually seen anyone give a teacher an apple.
I always presumed it was either something nobody does outside of America or was an American myth.

Here in Britain students (mainly secondary school students) sometimes give teachers presents and vice versa at the end of the school year, partly because every year students are assigned a different set of teachers so nobody knows if they’ll ever be taught by the same teacher again.

Nothing big, usually just mugs, pens and pencils or pound shop tat.

1 Like

In Australia, we just give our teachers the shits.

2 Likes

Diarrhoea? You put laxatives in the apple?

4 Likes

No we disguised the laxatives as chocolate bars - not really but it sounds like another urban myth.

4 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong @Simon but the “shits” is a term for angry. I have heard this before just not outside the family.

Correct … surely its not an Aussie thing?

1 Like