Arduboy port is not detected

Got my Arduboy (yay!) but no ports are detected. I have a Windows 7. My Arduboy charges, and the red light is on, but the yellow light doesn’t if it is supposed to. The port isn’t detected so I can’t download games or anything of the sort. This includes ‘Step 4’ of Codebenders getting started, not being able to detect the port. Any ideas on what might help? (I’ve tried turning it on/off, switching ports, and a few other things). I am relatively new to coding, so any help is appreciated.

This sounds about like the cable needs replacing. Or the unit just needs turning on when it’s plugged in. We highly recommend you buy a new data micro-usb cable for your Arduboy. Do this of course after trying every cable you have around your hourse :wink: Sorry about this, but it seems to be a pretty common thing for older cables to just not work with the Arduino setup.

If you would like to order one, check out this unit.
3ft USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male 28/24AWG Cable w/ Ferrite Core (Gold Plated)

###Similar Issues

http://community.arduboy.com/t/arduboy-not-recognized-by-anything/1388/9?u=ekem

http://community.arduboy.com/t/arduboy-couldnt-be-recognized-by-win10/1163/5?u=ekem

1 Like

Thanks for this - I was using a fairly new cable that came with a pair of wireless headphones. Lights lit up so I initially ruled out the cable as the problem. Switching cables got the device detected in Win 10 and things went smoothly from there. Cheers.

2 Likes

So I recently bought a new cable and when I plug in the Arduboy the yellow light will come on for a second then go out and wont come back on or allow me to download. Do I need to get another cable if so what should I get? or is it an issue with the Arduboy’s port?

The LED light behavior you describe sounds normal. Are you on Windows? Did you hear the USB connected sound when you plug it in?

The LED shouldn’t come back on until it is being programmed. What is the issue you have with the download? Does Arduino give you an error of some kind?

It sounds like its just a small software configuration perhaps selecting the correct port in Arduino? Let us know!

I have windows 10 and I hear it ping when I plug it into the computer and its in the right port but it seems no matter what game I try I generally get the same error code: Arduino: 1.6.10 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino Leonardo”

cc1.exe: error: -fno-fat-lto-objects are supported only with linker plugin.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Leonardo.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

See this:
http://community.arduboy.com/t/cannot-compile-or-upload-an-example-game-cc1-exe-error/2029/5

1 Like

Also without trying to sound like a nag, it’s generally considered impolite to hijack a thread about someone else’s issue if your issue is different from theirs. I understand that you’re new and might not have been aware how to do so, but please make a separate thread next time. Aside from being polite it also helps the community keep track of which issues do and don’t have solutions.

1 Like

I think what is happening here is he installed arduventure. The port will not show up until you press the upload option and hold the up or down key depending on what the instructions say. then the port will open up.

Hope that helps. created a new account just to post this.

1 Like

I doubt it has anything to do with Arduventure, since you’re responding to a thread that is 2 years old. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Had the same problem and it was the Arduventure! Thank you @Marillmau5.

This thread is over two years old. At that time there was no Arduventure yet so it couldn’t be the cause.

That Arduventure has usb support removed and causes upload problems to some because of that, is an issue that shouldn’t be addressed here

Oh I see, sorry… but Google brought me here and helped solve the issue, so I guess let’s keep the answers here :slight_smile:

1 Like