Arduboy Semi-Official EEPROM Table

I think that’s correct.

2 Likes

I like your list @acedent very detailed. Mine’s just focused at the EEPROM addresses. I’ve screened 181 programs (halfway though :stuck_out_tongue: ) of which 77 use EEPROM:

games in red need attention, ‘-’ means no EEPROM is used by the program

2 Likes

Hey, that’s awesome. I’ve integrated your results in to the spreadsheet directly- hope that’s ok?

2 Likes

Of course! Nice work!

HOLY COW. That’s a lot of fun, family-friendly, and FREE content!

1 Like

@Mr.Blinky, looks like your list doesn’t include:

@acedent, looks like your list doesn’t include:

These are just from the list of my favorite games, along with the games I’ve put out. I didn’t do a big, deep dive, or anything.

Yeah but what are their EEPROM usage? Throw us a bone @crait!

2 Likes

Yep the list is built off @Eried’s repo. some games still need to be added.

2 Likes
  • Circuit Dude: I use EEPROM.put() at EEPROM_STORAGE_SPACE_START + 412 for the leveldata progress. For custom levels, I store them from EEPROM_STORAGE_SPACE_START + 90 to (EEPROM_STORAGE_SPACE_START + 90) + 6 * 70, which is 6 levels, with 70 bytes, each.
  • Suit Shooter: I use EEPROM.put() at EEPROM_STORAGE_SPACE_START + 402 for the high score.

If you store 6 levels of 70 bytes at EEPROM_STORAGE_SPACE_START + 90
Then the 6th level will corrupt the leveldata at EEPROM_STORAGE_SPACE_START + 412

(and any save data for Suit shooter)
1 Like

The levels are located at…
Level 1: EEPROM_STORAGE_SPACE_START + 90
Level 2: (EEPROM_STORAGE_SPACE_START + 90) + 1 * 70
Level 3: (EEPROM_STORAGE_SPACE_START + 90) + 2 * 70
Level 4: (EEPROM_STORAGE_SPACE_START + 90) + 3 * 70
Level 5: (EEPROM_STORAGE_SPACE_START + 90) + 4 * 70
Level 6: (EEPROM_STORAGE_SPACE_START + 90) + 5 * 70

I tried playing it and even created a custom level to test it and it never was corrupted? To be safe, should we make the FX version have only 5 custom levels?

so then last byte of level 6 ends at EEPROM_STORAGE_SPACE_START + 6 * 70-1 right ?

I’d say just store leveldata at :
(EEPROM_STORAGE_SPACE_START + 90) + 6 * 70

Yeah!

Why do you say that?

I ment to type the leveldata progress :sleeping:

so you change:

EEPROM_STORAGE_SPACE_START + 412

to

(EEPROM_STORAGE_SPACE_START + 90) + 6 * 70

1 Like

Whoa, you’re right. There seems to be a conflict! The progress location seems to be stored somewhere in the custom level data! However, in practice, I can’t seem to actually change the progress with the editor and can’t change a custom location with completing a level??

Oh, DUH! It’s because your savedata is stored in RAM. If you edit Level 5, save it, then restart the Arduboy, it changes the progress. Gonna make a quick change on the uploaded code. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Shared EEPROM storage management across multiple apps

@MLXXXp
It’s not quite exactly the same topic / issue from 5 years ago tho.

But this topic should be used only for maintaining and discussing the spreadsheet, not proposing new EEPROM management methods.

2 Likes

Updated my list with Puzzle category. Scanned a total of 242 programs of which 119 use EEPROM now.

2 Likes