ArduMetronome

ArduMetronome.hex (26.6 KB)

My entry for Game Jam 4 - a simple metronome. Use it when practicing a musical instrument (except for maybe a drum set, it probably isn’t loud enough for that), or turn it on and hide it somewhere to annoy your family, friends and loved ones with incessant beeps.

ArduMetronome-screenshot

Instructions

• Use the up/down buttons to increase/decrease beats per minute (BPM) from 35 to 250 by increments of one.
  • Use the A/B buttons to increase/decrease beats per minute (BPM) from 35 to 250 by increments of 10.
  • Use the left/right buttons to increase/decrease time signature from 2/4 to 7/8.
  • The LED will blink blue at the beginning of each measure and green on every beat in-between. So if the time signature is 4/4, it will blink blue once every four beats and green all the other ones.

Download

Release on GitHub (contains source code and hex file)

5 Likes

Good job!! It’s simple and neat. In fact since you use the LED you can almost use it with the sound turned off :wink:

Thanks! I was going back and forth on whether or not the LED should blink for every beat, but I think that would go overboard on most people’s senses.

Nice job !

With the LED, you could flash it bright on every bar and dimly on every other beat. Alternatively, you could flash green / red or some other less offensive combination.

2 Likes

I love the idea of lighting it dimly on every beat. I’ll look into changing the brightness of the LED.

1 Like

To save you a bit of searching:
https://mlxxxp.github.io/documents/Arduino/libraries/Arduboy2/Doxygen/html/classArduboy2Core.html#a00b90ecdc25c5f31eab40ba4a906ba8b

Thank you! Super helpful.

I made that change and updated the source code release - it now blinks a much dimmer green on every beat. Thank you @filmote for the idea, it actually adds a lot to it!

2 Likes

Awesome … now I wished I played an instrument!

3 Likes

I am already using it :+1:

2 Likes