ArduRacer.ino-arduboy.hex (78.8 KB)
A top down racing time trail racing game for the ArduBoy
Game works like follows, if you beat the number 2 time, you can advance to the next stage.
You need to do 5 laps on each stage.
The stages have checkpoints which you have go through
Your fastest lap time is what gets you to advance.
The HUD is something like
1- 3.14 4/7
1 is your current lap of 5
4/7 is checkpoints you have passed for current lap
3.14 is your current lap time
B is best time.
If you get a better time it changes to a *
On the top right is a speed gauge ( It should always be full!)
- Top down racing action
- 10 Stages
- Smooth scrolling
- Saves best times and stage progression automatically when you get a better time or progress stages
- Can use Tiled to make maps
Will gauge interest, then still looking to add a few things
- Victory Sound / Lose Sound
- Actual Lap Times from gameplay to aim for
- Some optimisations for the zoom (it’s too slow)
- Once I work out my space, secret levels.
- Maybe drifting physics… or save off Road Drifting for V2 ArduRacer OffRoad
It was really fun building a tile mapped stage engine and then just using Tiled to build the maps.
I hope you have fun playing it.