Arduventure - 12th TEAM a.r.g. game

Is it normal that the escape option always work? I mean, in most RPGs there’s a chance that you can’t run away. In Arduventure we must be ninjas i guess, because we can always succeed at running away. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And… finished it! Great game, well done! :+1:

Managed to get through the last boss on Level 23 - was down to the wire though! :sweat_smile:

Having the map image was a big help, would have been great if this had been printed on cloth for the Kickstarter like the old Ultima maps?

Map

Didn’t buy a Special Edition unfortunately, so the ‘wall of fame’ is out of my reach… :cry:

Moderator Note:
Links to Team ARG’s website have been removed due to malicious new owners.

1 Like

The wall of fame is not exclusive to Arduventure.

1 Like

I upload this to my homemade arduboy, it work but the sound keep buzzing loudly. I can hear some music but also along with the loud buzzing voice

I put my Pin_speaker_1 on Pin 5 and Pin_speaker_2 on Pin 3 and modified the arduboy2 core library accordingly. Need your help @Mr.Blinky. Should modified other things on the library?

I love the update! Thank you! Now i want to play through again :smile::+1:

2 Likes

That noise iyour hearing is probably the noise from the power supply. If you’re using a loud piezo or speaker it is very noticable when one speaker pin is constanlt high/5v and the other low/0v.

Arduventure uses Atmlib for audio. Pin 3 doesn’t work for Atmlib audio I figured this out not too long ago (and use a new wiring scheme since). Check your library changes to see if pin 3 is set to low to reduce noise.

I feel like this is a stupid question, but what might I do to find the blade pieces?

Explore and look for treasure chest on the map…

1 Like

stroll around and explore places that may look like a dead end on the map.

2 Likes

Okay, thank you! I have beaten all bosses otherwise. wasn’t sure if the blade pieces came after or something… But thanks!

I have all four blade pieces and I have beaten all four bosses (the last one twice). Does the game actually end? Or do I just keep wandering around and leveling up indefinitely?

heck ya!!! I can’t believe this is out!!!

The game end when you get the last amulet, it will say thank you for Playing! There’s no real end screen though…

1 Like

Huh. That didn’t happen, I don’t think. Could it be because I defeated the fourth boss BEFORE getting the fourth blade piece? After I completed the blade, I went back and could fight the fourth boss again, and get the amulet again. If I go back into that castle, the chest is still closed so I could probably fight him a third time if I wanted.

You can fight all bosses again infinitely after you’ve fought them all. The thank you for playing text only shows in the newer version released yesterday.

1 Like

OK, so it sounds like I did in fact finish the game. Thanks. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Isn’t that what Github issues are for? :P

I also recommend looking into projects and milestones,
very handy for big projects.

Now I’m questioning what the wall of fame criteria are.
I was also under the impression it was for users who backed the special edition.

1 Like

I should’ve make the pcb based on your wiring scheme. I’m gonna check the lib. Thanks for the answer

2 Likes

So, i got arduventure off my Special Edition arduboy to load the update using arduino. Now i can load any other game except arduventure.
If i try loading it with either craits or team args loader both programms crash.
Team arg‘s loader can import the file, but isn’t able to upload it (using windows 10, the programm says it isn’t functioning any more and crashes), crait‘s uploader gives me a error message right while i try to import the file, so for me no way to get arduventure back on my SE using the loaders…imageimage

Mein Luftkissenfahrzeug ist voller Aale.

Anyhow, have you compiled the code itself? It may be a problem with the Hex file - but that’s purely a guess.

3 Likes