After uploading Arduventure to your Arduboy you won’t be able to upload another game using the normal process.
If you want to put a new game on your Arduboy with Arduventure, you must follow these steps:
- Plug in your Arduboy to the PC you will use for reprogramming
- Turn on the Arduboy and from the main menu of Arduventure select “UPLOAD”
- When the on screen instructions appear, press and continue to hold the down button. (This will place the Arduboy in bootloader mode, ready to be reprogrammed)
- While continuing to hold the down button, press the upload button from your PC
- When the upload completes, let go of the down button and after a short delay the new game will start
See here for the official video tutorial:
Please note that this video uses the up button because it is showcasing an old version.
Newer versions of Arduventure will use the down button.
I received my DevKit two weeks ago and right away I decided to challenge myself and see if I could make a little RPG on it. I wanted to try and make it all work without the graphics being too abstract/simple. The game is still an experiment and not yet ready to play but I felt like sharing what I’ve got so far and I’ll be updating this topic when I make more progress.