Ardynia is now available, grab it here: https://github.com/city41/ardynia/releases
More info here: http://ardynia.com
Thanks to @Dreamer3 for his help with the game, would have taken a lot longer without him.
Original Post below
Hey everyone, thought I’d post about the game I’m working on, called Ardynia. It is styled after Zelda, mostly Link’s Awakening.
All of these screenshots/gifs are from the game, no mock ups
The boomerang stuns enemies, picks up items, and triggers out of reach switches.
The game auto saves, beating the game will cause about 20 auto saves to occur.
The game will have a large overworld to explore, three dungeons, three equipable items beyond your sword, three bosses, six enemy types, and several secret areas. The average dungeon size is 29 rooms.
The entire engine is fully implemented, the overworld is in place as are the dungeons. I’m now working on filling the dungeons with content and coming up with fun puzzles.
Still to do:
- implement the logic for the rest of the enemies and items
- implement the bosses
- design the dungeons
- fix bugs and test test test, and test some more
- sound effects and music (help wanted! see below)
I am at 69% RAM used and 80% flash. However, I’ve already added all enemies, items and bosses into the sketch such that they use up all of the RAM they will need and most of the Flash. The remaining 20% of Flash will largely go to enemy AI routines, item logic routines, a few animation frames I’ve yet to draw and audio.
I don’t plan to leave any byte unused, so if there’s still space, I plan to add another enemy type.
Help wanted! I am terrible with sound. If anyone is good with ArduBoy audio and wants to help with sound effects and music, please contact me.
I’m using many things from the community: Arduboy2, ArdBitmap, TinyFont, ArduRPG sprites, etc etc. Thanks everyone, this community rocks!