I’m not aware of any where the adventurers you sell stuff ‘die’,
but there’s one game I know of where you play as a shop keeper selling equipment and you have to hire a hero to go dungeon diving to acquire more stock.
“Recettear: An Item Shop’s Tale”
It’s notable for the catchphrases “Yayifications!” and “Capitalism, ho!” (which are only present in the English-language version).
Unfortunately I can’t submit an issue or PR because the original repo has been archived, but I’ve created a fork that fixes the problem.
The .hex file should still work as normal, this only affects people who want to compile manually or can’t use the .hex file (e.g. because they’re using a clone that isn’t compatible with normal .hex files).
While you’re here, would it be too much trouble to ask for one more small change?
As it currently stands, if you want to compile from source you have to rename the enclosing directory to ‘ardynia’, which can be a bit of a trip hazard for people who aren’t familiar with the Arduino IDE’s foibles.
So would you be able to create a folder called ardynia and move ardynia.ino and the src directory into it to save people the extra step after downloading the source?
(I did this myself in my fork, but haven’t included it in the PR. I didn’t do it in a very clean way anyway.)
I can’t just do it as I also need to update the Makefile and possibly some other bits. I don’t have any arduino dev tools setup right now, and I’d also want to make sure it still compiled and worked after making the changes. When I get some free time I’ll take a stab at this.
After a git clone perhaps, but not after downloading it from GitHub.
When you download the source of a repo from GitHub and extract it, the branch name is always appended to the folder (e.g. ardynia-master) both when zipped and unzipped. This causes a conflict with the Arduino IDE’s rule about the .ino file name having to match the containing folder.
(The same issue occurs when downloading the source via a release.)
You’ve probably never had anyone complain about it due to a mixture of most people just using the .hex and people already aware of the issue doing a rename out of habit without stopping to think about it and how it affects other people who don’t know about the issue.
If you’ve been compiling with a makefile rather than the IDE or the Arduino toolchain that also might explain why you didn’t get the error I ran into when using the IDE. If the settings weren’t quite the same you might have had an extension that the IDE didn’t use.
I can’t help with the makefile, but I can confirm that what I did on my fork allows ardynia to compile out-of-the-box without the Arduino IDE throwing up that message.
Mmm bravo . Such an excellent game. Heck, I would even buy an Arduboy just for this game! I don’t have anything negative to say honestly. The only thing that I would ask for is more dungeons 'cause its so good! Great job @city41 !
I edited your last post to mark your hint with spoiler tags. This blurs the text unless you click on it. It’s a good idea to do this when posting anything that some people may not want to see.
To add spoiler tags:
Highlight the text you want tagged and then click on the “gear” icon at the top right of the editing window. Select Blur Spoiler to add spoiler tags to the highlighted text.
Manually add [spoiler] at the start of the text and [/spoiler] at the end of the text.
Ah thanks. I know about the spoiler tag but I didn’t really think that was a spoiler. I wish you could get auto transported outside the dungeon after beating a boss, but alas it wouldn’t fit. Maybe I’ll try and squeeze it in now that I’m thinking about it, I think I know of a place to get some space.