Asteroid Dodge, late submission

You are trying to place a bouncing Asteroid into a small wormhole. The game mechanics are similar to Dodge it. If I had more time, I would have made the graphics better. I did not have too much time to work on this, as I kept on changing my ideas, and this was the last one I stuck with.

The .ino file for the game can be found here

The controls are straightforward: Control Pad for directions.

2 Likes

There was a misunderstanding on my behalf on the deadline.

Not sure what to do. :confused:
ArduboyRecording

Seeding the random number generator using a constant value;
srand(7/8);
is going to give you the same sequence of random numbers every time you start the game. You should use
arduboy.initRandomSeed()
instead.

(Although it looks like no random numbers are used, anyway.)

@FManga you are just too good!

1 Like

@01001110 proposed a logic gate game during our CMPT 220 class last Wednesday, but the idea was scooped by @filmote’s Logix - Game Jam 3 game (which is a fantastic realization of this idea). Alas!

if(bally + ballsize > playery + controlheight) {
        bally = bally +0.3;
        }
      if(ballx + ballsize > playerx +controlwidth) {
        ballx = ballx +0.3;
        }

Adding 0.3 to an int doesn’t do anything (it gets rounded down to zero).
Glancing at the code, I couldn’t figure out how the scoring is supposed to work.

I have also changed the confusing ‘Avoid’ background.

Thank you Scott. I had planned on the goal location to randomly switch between a set of given locations, but I really ran out of time to work on this.

1 Like

Sorry, the aim is to bounce the smaller ‘asteroid’ into the goal using your square. I didn’t really have time to play test the game, unfortunately. Thank you for pointing out the bally and ballx additions don’t increase! I will work on changing this.

I think this is a really cool concept. Kind of like air hockey but with a “Dodge It” look. Would love to see it completed.