Bangi - Destroy all the balloons

(Ignacio Viña) #1

Description

Bangi is a classic arcade game where you must shoot and destroy each of the balloons that appear in each level.

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAwyLROCn1s&feature=youtu.be

Images

Installation

• Download the [Source Code ZIP](http://moblynx.com/arduboy/Bangi_beta_0.2_arduboy.zip) from my server. (This is a beta version. See below for the latest.)
  • Open Bangi.ino with Arduino IDE 1.6.9+
  • Click the upload button to install to your Arduboy (not tested on Dev Kit)

Notes

• This is a demo version with the first 30 levels to show how the game works. I hope to design in the future about 50 levels (or even more).
  • The game can run at 60 fps even with a lot of balloons on the screen. It's much better to play it than to see static images of the game ! :wink:
  • There are 5 levels of difficulty that can be configured to suit each type of player.
  • Also, there could be an issue at some level of the game, please keep it secret. Thank you! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • Any comments or suggestions are welcome.
  • This is my first game I've developed (I'm an Android developer) and I fear that I will not have much time to keep doing things with Arduboy. :disappointed:

Thanks

Thanks to all the community for supporting this great hardware! I hope that more game developers can create cool games to help @bateske to show the great potential of the Arduboy.

*** Update ***

New beta version 0.2 (with 30 levels) Improved performance (thanks to Team a.r.g. drawBitmap method) Gameplay video

*** Update ***

I have updated Bangi to final version 1.0.

FEATURES

• 45 levels
  • Configurable difficulty/speed (from very easy to ultra)
  • New shield item
  • Bugs fixed

DOWNLOAD

Bangi 1.0 (source code)

Any feedback is welcome. Thanks!

New (another) unofficial repo :)
New (another) unofficial repo :)
Game suggestions for my arduboy?
(Holmes) #2

Looks great! Nice job with the art for it!

(Ignacio Viña) #3

Thanks! I did what I could with art, I’m an engineer, not an artist. :sweat:

(Sebastian Perez Galarza) #4

terminado. me encanto. ningún problema. solo cosas que me gustaria modificar, pero detalles que seguramente vas a pulir. gran juego. esta tarde se lo llevo a los chicos del parque a que lo prueben, siempre me piden jugar con ella se turnan y son como 7 niñas y niños… y sumando. quiero hacer un TORNEO DE PARQUE con puntuaciones y de premio un simple HELADO. no pudo grabar vídeo porque son menores, si no lo pondría en mi canal. pero alguna foto si que subiré. porque me parece genial que por lo menos LA PRUEBEN quien sabe algún día lo recuerden y compren ARDUBOY´s de coleccion… retro futuro! de momento triunfan MAGIC BALLON y ARDUMAN… veremos que opinan!!! por cierto antes jugaban con nintendo DS en wifi con mi cartucho y 3 consolas DS destrozadas al mario kart y les gusta mas la ARDUBOY… se saben el nombre.
tenemos muchos gamers que formar. empezando por mi hijo.

(Ignacio Viña) #5

Genial! Espero ir puliendo cosas para la versión final según el feedback de la gente. Si quieres puedes mandarme un mensaje privado comentándome las cosas que cambiarías. Gracias! :grinning:

(Ignacio Viña) #6

*** Update ***

New beta version 0.2 (with 30 levels) Improved performance (thanks to Team a.r.g. drawBitmap method) Gameplay video

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAwyLROCn1s&feature=youtu.be

(Colin & James) #7

Even better with the latest update. Eventually beat all 30 levels (with unlimited lives on of course) after about an hour. We included the game in our latest YouTube video “5 Great Arduboy Games”. Hope there are more levels on the way soon. Congratulations on making a great game.

(Thonis) #8

Looks nice. One of my favorites on the gameboy, wouldnt have thought it would work on a horizontal screen, but looks very playable.

Btw what is this arg Draw Bitmap thing you mentioned?

(Ignacio Viña) #9

Thanks for including the game in the video! I will work this week to release a final version of the game (with more levels) and maybe some extra things :wink:

Thanks for the feedback. It’s also one of my favorite games on the original gameboy. :trophy:

The a.r.g. method is void Sprites::drawBitmap with masked bitmaps included on Arglib. In my tests it’s more than 2x faster than default drawBitmap on Arduboy lib.

(Ethan) #10

I beat all 30 levels in a couple tries with 6 lives.By the way, definitely one of my favourite games so far.

(Ignacio Viña) #11

Hi all,

I have updated Bangi to final version 1.0.

FEATURES

• 45 levels
  • Configurable difficulty/speed (from very easy to ultra)
  • New shield item
  • Bugs fixed

DOWNLOAD

Bangi 1.0 (source code)

Any feedback is welcome. Thanks!

(Holmes) #12

You might want to put all that in the first post in the top of the thread, too. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Ignacio Viña) #13

I don’t have the edit option available in the first post (not sure if it’s removed for old posts) :confused:

(Scott) #14

I updated the first post for you.

(Holmes) #15

Not to hi-jack the thread, but I’ve noticed that I can’t edit several of my posts, too. Is there a reason?

(Scott) #16

Perhaps there’s a time limit on editing? (That icon beside my name above gives me special privileges.)

(Sebastian Perez Galarza) #17

one of the best games, super fun, I love … keep doing things like these !!!
thank you very much for your work … greetings from madrid

Really well made game. Plays smooth and I love the warning effect in some levels. Really impressive.

I have no idea why I overlooked this for so long. Finally installed it yesterday since I wanted a new game to play and I had heard a few folks mention this, and wow it was really fun. The powerups, the other features, the graphics, everything is awesome. I find myself grabbing my Arduboy a lot more frequently to play it again than I have with other games. Only thing I want in it is some way to track highscores.

(Evan Reece) #20

this is the message i got when i tried to upload.

Arduino: 1.6.12 (Mac OS X), Board: “Arduino Leonardo”

In file included from sketch/globals.h:19:0,
from sketch/help.h:19,
from /Users/reecefamily/Documents/Arduino/Bangi/Bangi.ino:19:
sketch/Customlib.h:23:21: fatal error: Arduboy.h: No such file or directory
#include <Arduboy.h>
^
compilation terminated.
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Leonardo.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.