Blocks - move boxes around puzzle game

Puzzle_Blocks_Blocks.hex

I hope this is the right place to post this.

I just got my Arduboy yesterday and started tinkering with my own game. I’ve created a simple blocks game, at GitHub, a puzzle game where you move boxes to where they belong. Feel free to install or tinker; over time I hope to add more than just 8 puzzles.

Here is a screen shot, since I can only post one picture per post:

10 Likes

Added another 22 levels, making 30 total.

4 Likes

a VERY cool game with a super simple concept and captivating till the last level :smiley:
after level 31 it tells “game over” - too bad i would like to have another 100 level’s :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:
maybe you are able to release an level editor??? would be soooooo nice

The level editor is checked into GitHub.

1 Like

As a footnote, I just checked in the jar file which can be run separately to edit levels. Run LevelEditor.jar and open the game.lvle file to edit the levels, create new levels and the like. The code that is generated can then be pasted into levels.cpp (and the top define in levels.h) to create new levels for the game.

1 Like

wow cool, thanks a lot. so everyone can do own levels and post them here. so we may get a big collection of many different levels to implement into “blocks” :+1:

1 Like

I played a game like this on apple computers at school for like, days.

game over! me too.
i was feeling well underway. 15-30min.

official levels is very very easy. i hope to more gimmick.

1 Like

nice and simple game :wink:

Love BOXYBOY! I need this game, but can not get it to verify/ upload. errors no matter what I do. Got all the drivers and software up to date on arduino 1.8.5. Got all the libraries installed. I can upload other games through arduboy manager just fine and other .inos with arduino just fine. I get errors such as; Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 8.1), Board: “Arduboy”

C:\Users\d\Desktop\blocks-master\blocks-master\blocks\blocks.ino:29:20: fatal error: levels.h: No such file or directory

#include “levels.h”

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduboy.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Thank you for any help

Finally got it! Didnt have files in correct folder. about 6 hours of messin around and now i can play lol. already tested and on level 6. love it. thank you