Box Art for ECHO! rpg

Created a mock-up box art for my game ECHO! that’s currently in development. Early development.

4 Likes

This is cool and all, but maybe you should focus on the game before doing all this? Don’t count your chickens before they hatch!

3 Likes

Even if the game would not be finished one day (i really hope it will), this would at least be the most beautiful attempt of making a great rpg :wink:

2 Likes

As much as I like the boxart, I have to somewhat agree with @Pygasm here.

As admirable as your enthusiasm is, maybe you ought to wait until you’ve got a tangible demo before going too crazy with posting production art. (I say this as someone who has a pile of dead projects and at least one unpublished Arduboy game.)

If you do want to make small updates then I think your blog or a Twitter account (if you have one) would be better for posting small updates like this rather than making a new thread every time you have some new art to show. Or at least if you do want to leave an update here, it might be better as a comment on your original topic than to make a new topic each time.

Not Dark & Under? Monsieur Guichard would be upset. :P

1 Like

Dark and Under is a classic yet, not an attempt😉

2 Likes

Oh I just like designing things in spare time when I’m not learning programming. This isn’t actual box art nor will I probably ever make a physical box. But just something I designed in my spare time to boost encouragement for myself. Sorry about the small update I’ll keep it to twitter

1 Like

Please do! I also read your blogposts, keep up the good work!

1 Like

We should have a finish-that-dead-project jam some day. Maybe that way I’ll finish one of mine.

2 Likes

Good Idea :bulb:
There are so many great ideas round here😉

1 Like

Please post them here as not all of us are on twitter … but keep it in a single [WIP] Echo RPG thread.

Right … sometimes more ideas than completed projects.

3 Likes

Dead and thrown aside projects are a staple of creatives apparently. In many interviews with authors and artists, many of them admitted to jumping from project to project. I think it just has something to do with being right brained.

1 Like

If I have a project that is half-finished it grates on me. The same with reading a book, if I start it I will always finish it even if I am not sold on the story!

1 Like

I think I’m like that for most things, just with my personal projects if it becomes a stresser my body starts to shut down whenever I do that thing and it makes it hard to work through. I think I tend to finish things when I have people depending on me, or who are looking forward to an end result so this community definitely will help with that.

Ok, i am looking forward to your finished projects if that helps!

2 Likes

They’re not dead. They’re sleeping.
* shoves project pile back into wardrobe *

Fun fact, sometimes if someone loses the majority of one of their brain halves, the other half can compensate to the point they function almost normally.
(I think they have to be reasonably young though. I can’t remember the details, it was a long time ago.)

3 Likes