Breadboy a 100% non soldering Homemade Arduboy

What’s the point of the four individual vertical pin headers on the left side?

SPI

The two red circled pin headers are used to connect the power. The battery box wires don’t have pins. I stripped the two wire ends and wrapped them around a single pin several times. Then I removed the black insulating part of another pin and pushed it onto the pin with the wire so the bare wire get’s squeezed firmly together.

1 Like

Thank you. On the schematic, I do not see the display CS going to anything, but it appears here you have the CS connected to D12, is that correct?

Edit: I found the display datasheet and it says CS is active low, and D12 is likely pulled low at the processor startup. Since it is unassigned, it likely remains low. Did I get that correct?

And the display D/C looks like it’s connected to D5? D/C is not on the schematic and D5 on the schematic is for the speaker. So I’m confused. Not even sure what D/C does.

Edit: Okay now I think I understand. Found the display datasheet and it says when the display is in 3-wire serial (SPI) mode, D/C must be connected to Vss (GND). The piezo buzzer’s D5 must be always configured to be ground and D13 must be it’s high. So the display’s D/C is connected to the buzzer’s ground at all times.

Correct OLED CS goes to digital pin 12

The CS line is pulled low by initialisation code of the Arduboy library. It normally remains low. However programs using Flash memory will pull it in an inactive high state so the flash chip can be addressed.

There are a few flaws in the original schematic. No D/C connects to digital pin 4 of micro.

Note that for Arduboy the displays have to be 4-wire SPI mode versions and D/C should be connected to an I/O pin.

For easy reference you can use the wiring table here (1st column for micro):

1 Like

That wiring table was most helpful. Okay I think? I have it right now. Someone please double-check me.

1 Like

hello, why RGB led not work?
I connected as shown in the diagram but it doesn’t work.
If I use the negative instead of the positive on the 5V pin, the LED lights up but works in the opposite direction.

It looks like you have a common cathode RGB LED instead of a common anode one like the Arduboy uses.

1 Like

how can i solve?

• get an common anode RGB LED would be easiest.

• If you do want to use this common cathode RGB LED then you’d have to edit the Arduboy and Arduboy2 libraries

• use transistors or an inverter chip to invert the RGB signals

2 Likes

ok thanks!

hi everyone, I have a question. Can I compile with arduino ide already for the 1309 display?

This Is my arduboy!!!

4 Likes

Yes you can by installing the Homemade package.

I have installed this package buy when i compile sketch display show errate screen buy i convert hex with python tool good work.

Make sure the Arduboy libraries that where installed through the library manager (or added manually) are removed otherwise the Homemade package libraries have no effect

1 Like

one question, why is the buzzer connected between 5 and 13? can’t you just connect between 5 and gnd or 13 and gnd?

This is to allow two channel sound. It essentially mixes the signals from both pins to a single speaker. You can also play the same tone on both pins but with one pin complimenting the other (one is low when the other is high) to get a higher volume tone.

1 Like

What you describe is basically half bridge driven in that it can only swing the piezo from 0 to Vcc. Connecting to two IO pins in a full bridge configuration allows the piezo to be driven from +Vcc to -Vcc (by driving the two pins in alternating opposite states) so you get twice the drive swing for greater volume.

Can you make a detailed Tutorial on how to make this? its very nice… and by the way… is there any chance i can buy a black pcp bateske dev kit ?