Breadboy a 100% non soldering Homemade Arduboy

This Is my arduboy!!!

4 Likes

Yes you can by installing the Homemade package.

I have installed this package buy when i compile sketch display show errate screen buy i convert hex with python tool good work.

Make sure the Arduboy libraries that where installed through the library manager (or added manually) are removed otherwise the Homemade package libraries have no effect

1 Like

one question, why is the buzzer connected between 5 and 13? can’t you just connect between 5 and gnd or 13 and gnd?

This is to allow two channel sound. It essentially mixes the signals from both pins to a single speaker. You can also play the same tone on both pins but with one pin complimenting the other (one is low when the other is high) to get a higher volume tone.

1 Like

What you describe is basically half bridge driven in that it can only swing the piezo from 0 to Vcc. Connecting to two IO pins in a full bridge configuration allows the piezo to be driven from +Vcc to -Vcc (by driving the two pins in alternating opposite states) so you get twice the drive swing for greater volume.

Can you make a detailed Tutorial on how to make this? its very nice… and by the way… is there any chance i can buy a black pcp bateske dev kit ?

Not a tutorial but @cdevidal’s labelled photo helps to clarify the wiring, especially when viewed full size.

1 Like

![image|375x500]

Update i got it to work… where can i input direct 3 v ? The display is liking it … i tried splicin the vcc port and grnd

(upload://5mEEB4rhlcJmZxjGOFNI29gukeK.jpeg) thanks… i wanted something like a fritzing… image… but thats ok too. Actually… i had 5 … of 4pin oleds… flyin around… but today came the 7pin ones… so im ready to build it… but i want a analog joystick… like i saw on one page…

Wow nice. You are so awesome Blinky. Billy’s is also really cool. :smiley:

hey, so I’m trying to somewhat replicate it, and for the batteries, 4 aaa batteries would be 6 volts, but that exceeds the 5 volts for the board right? Or is 5 volts just for an arduino pro micro? If for a pro micro, how many aa or aaa batteries should I use/need?

Using 4 regular 1.5V Batteries gives 6V indeed. This is not a problem as the battery voltage is connected to the Vin pin which can handle higher voltages.

1 Like

Is RAW the same as VIN? On my board I see RAW but no VIN.

If your battery voltage is above 5V you should use the RAW pin.

Yes the RAW pin (on a Pro Micro) has the same function as VIN (on a Arduino Micro).

Sorry if this is too late. I have a fix for that. When it happens to me, I go to tools/flash select and I select “original” instead of “official”. Works like a charm for me, sorry if this may be a bit late.

Can you expand on that? I really have no idea what you mean.

When a flash chip is added to your Homemade Arduboy then in order to store and load games from it, you need to update your Pro Micro (or other compatile Arduino) boards bootloader.

Once you have updated the bootloader a flash image (collection of games) can be stored into the flash chip by following above mentioned instructions.

This is what I am confused with. Also, by “updating the bootloader” do you mean flashing the Cathy 3K bootloader?