After reading through the forums for a while I gave up and installed the Arduboy Manager by Crait. Uploaded a couple different games and had some fun. Later I tried just getting hello world upload to work on a different computer. This time it worked. I was able to Upload hello world. So for another test I put ArduBreakout on it. worked again. Then I tried going back to the first computer again and had the same old error, but now the Arduboy Manager says “No Arduboy Found.”
So now neither computer can connect to the Arduboy… what did I break? Is ArduBreakout now the only thing i will ever be able to use?
Im so lost, please send help.
Put it into “flashlight mode” by holding the up button before turning it on and then try.
If you can turn on verbose output and post the whole error message it might give a better indication as to what the issue is.
It would also be good to know what you were trying to compile.
If you got it from github then it’s likely to be the way github appends the branch name to the folder combined with the IDE wanting the main .ino file to be in a folder with a matching name.
(Otherwise it’s possible that it could be related to One Drive, so it might be worth putting the code in a folder not affected by One Drive to see if that makes a difference.)
Windows Apps are stored in a protected folder and may cause issues sometimes. You might be better off using the Arduino installer or portable version. It’s also much easier to browse/access arduino files if you want to/have to (drivers, library source files)