Can't upload sketch

(Phil Graham) #21

That’s the only error message I’m getting.

I’m new to all this and have no idea about the process I’ve looked in the guide on how to run sketches but I’m none of the wiser.

(Scott) #22

When you get the error messages, click on the Copy error messages button and paste it here so I can see all of it.

(Phil Graham) #23

Arduino: 1.8.1 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduboy”

C:\Users\philg\AppData\Local\Temp\untitled324021367.tmp\sketch_jan28a\ChickenX.ino:14:24: fatal error: ArduboyDev.h: No such file or directory

#include “ArduboyDev.h”

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduboy.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

(Scott) #24

Chicken Cross was written for the Arduboy DevKit and the author hasn’t modified it for use on a production Arduboy. Please use my updated version:
http://community.arduboy.com/t/chicken-cross-my-first-arduboy-game-video-github-inside/134/24

(Phil Graham) #25

Tbh I don’t understand. I’ve downloaded Arduboy2 and tones, I think I installed them but it’s not showing up in the list of boards.

(Scott) #26

Arduboy2 and ArduboyTones are libraries not boards. Please follow step 2 of the Quick Start Guide to install them using the Arduino Library Manager.

Then, follow the Adding Programs Guide to install sketches. Pay close attention to the parts about using a folder named after the main .ino file, and adding all the .c .cpp and .h files that are part of a sketch.

(Phil Graham) #27

What’s happening is I select the game but it doesn’t open when I click it.

I’m not sure if the files are in the correct place I put them in the same section as the library but not in the library folder.

(Scott) #28

What do you mean by this? Are you using:
File > Sketchbook
in the Arduino IDE?

(Phil Graham) #29

Can you simplfy the whole proces?

My background isn’t in programming or understanding how any of this stuff works.

I need a step by step guide rather than the guide which assumes you have knowledge of Arduino which I have not.

I’ve looked at videos which makes the process look easy but I’ve followed the videos but I still can’t get it to work.

My biggest problem is getting Arduboy 2 to show up in the boards.

(Scott) #30

I’ve already told you, Arduboy2 is a library, not a board. It will not show up as a board.

The Arduboy2 library is installed using the Arduino IDE’s Library Manager:
Sketch > Include Library > Manage Libraries...

Sketches will then automatically use the Arduboy2 library if they require it.

When you use menu
Tools > Board:
you should always select Arduboy. If you haven’t installed board support for the Arduboy and DevKit, you can select Arduino Leonardo instead. Selecting either Arduboy or Arduino Leonardo will both work the same.

(Phil Graham) #31

I’ve only gone and successfully uploaded a game via sketch.

Thanks for your help,!