Cascade Path: Wagon Train

(Kevin) #1

Have you ever wanted to discover what life was like on the trail? Going hunting and fording rivers? Have you ever wanted to know more about Dysentery than you could possibly imagine?

Play Cascade Path

A classic take on the wagon train that started in St Louis Missouri and ended somewhere most likely in Oregon.

Don’t forget to buy enough bullets here:

Developed by Chris

New (another) unofficial repo :)
New (another) unofficial repo :)
"Semi-Official" Game List for the Arduboy
(Ross) #2

Hehe, I’ll see if my phone doesn’t get some decent vids. If anyone ends up capping one, I’ll use it in the main topic here.

(Migz) #3

Very cool! It’s cool to see what can be done on this little system!

(Erich) #4

Hey i just got my Arduboy, I’ve been able to install a lot of other games but this one is giving me an error.
Error compiling for board Arduino Leonardo, any one have any suggestions?

(Ross) #5

If it’s possible, could you go ahead and post the error? Do so like this:

```
code here…

```

(Erich) #6

sure

Arduino: 1.6.9 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino Leonardo"

/Users/erichbarto/Downloads/CascadePath-master-2/CascadePath/CascadePath.ino:3:27: fatal error: ArduboyLowMem.h: No such file or directory
 #include "ArduboyLowMem.h"
                           ^
compilation terminated.
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Leonardo.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

(Ross) #7

A classic take on the wagon train that started in St Louis Missouri and ended somewhere most likely in Oregon.

citation needed?

(Ross) #8

Cool, this should be easy.

In this line from the error output:

/Users/erichbarto/Downloads/CascadePath-master-2/CascadePath/CascadePath.ino:3:27: fatal error: 

I can see that you’ve used git, and extracted a zip. Which is nice, right on.

Try changing you folder structure so that,

/Users/erichbarto/Downloads/CascadePath-master-2/CascadePath/

is just

/Users/erichbarto/Downloads/CascadePath/

and see if that doesn’t fix it.

This post by @MLXXXp should provide some more insight.

http://community.arduboy.com/t/crazykart-my-first-game/856/16?u=ekem

(Erich) #9

That did it! thanks! I’m still learning haha

(Ross) #10

Oh good! Well the fact that I’ve run into this error, and probably everyone else whose loaded a game has, means we probably need some documentation in games and in the library to cover this. It’s unique to the Arduino IDE and build process, and really only applies when using the Arduino IDE. You can’t have dashes or special chars in the folder name or sketch name either if I am remembering correctly.

(Jonno) #11

Looks like a great version, however I’m having some difficulties…

I’ve managed to get the game uploaded fine, and everything seems to be working ok, but I assume that the menu commands ‘Rest’, ‘Map’ and ‘Group Status’ are supposed to do something? Because whenever I try to use them, nothing happens.

(Ash) #12

Getting weird errors with this, was playing fine then the graphics became more and more messed up until the screen just went black:

(Scott) #13

That was the intention of the Adding programs (sketches) to the Arduino IDE guide. Perhaps it needs some improvement. Suggestions are welcome.

(Scott) #14

Rather than leaving the files in the Downloads folder, I suggest you move or copy the CascadePath folder and its contents into your Sketchbook, as instructed in the Adding programs … guide. This way, you can load it into the IDE using File > Sketchbook.

(Kevin) #15

Nice screen cap! Chris told me that there was some bugs and unfinished features to this game. This is kind of a work in progress so if anyone has any suggestions would be great to know.

These glitches look like it’s running out of RAM. You would have to dig in and see what is overflowing.

(Leo) #16

Just got that same thing, definite memory leak:/

(NT) #17

How do you load this on the arduboy production not devkit? Or is that not possible? which file do I download from git? Thanks!

this is my error message:

/Users/ntanbetter/Documents/Arduino/SHRUN-AB_v15/CascadePath.ino:2:27: fatal error: ArduboyLowMem.h: No such file or directory
#include “ArduboyLowMem.h”
^
compilation terminated.
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Leonardo.

(Ash) #18

I just downloaded the one linked in the first post, when you open it go to libraries and include the arduboy library if it doesn’t say “include arduboy.h. h” at the top

(Scott) #19

CascadePath.ino should be in folder
/Users/ntanbetter/Documents/Arduino/CascadePath
It looks like you put it in the folder for the Team A.R.G Shadow Runner game.

Along with CascadePath.ino the CascadePath folder must also contain all the .h and .cpp files from the GitHub repository.

Follow the Adding programs (sketches) to the Arduino IDE guide.

Easiest way for this game:

• Download the .zip file from the GitHub repository.
  • Unzip (extract) CascadePath-master.zip that was downloaded.
  • Rename the CascadePath-master folder that was created to CascadePath
  • Copy or move the CascadePath folder to your Sketchbook. For this particular case, the Sketchbook folder is:
    /Users/ntanbetter/Documents/Arduino/
    (See the Adding programs guide for instructions on determining the location of your Sketchbook.)
  • If the IDE was running when you did the above, close and reopen the IDE.

(NT) #20

Thank you this worked! Now I understand how to do future git downloads too :slight_smile: