Catacombs of the damned! is a first person shooter / dungeon crawler where you navigate 10 floors of a randomly generated dungeon dispatching monsters with your magic fireballs whilst collecting as much loot as possible.
It was partly inspired by the Catacomb 3D series of games.
- Smooth 3D gameplay!
- Sound effects!
- Randomly generated levels!
- Four different types of monsters!
- Lot of loot to collect!
Available to download on Github or play in the emulator below
Original post 'Another FPS style 3D demo'
I have been experimenting with doing a first person demo on the Arduboy. This uses similar techniques to my Wolfenduino project on the Gamebuino.
Some notable features:
- Runs mostly at 30 FPS on device
- Textures are ‘vector based’ rather than imaged based. I think this actually works quite well for the small black and white screen
- Fake camera tilt for shaky cam movement / turning
- The sprite scaling method adds outline shading to the edges of the sprite after scaling
- A very simple particle system for effects