Consolized Arduboy with HDMI?

Found out about an hdmi controller meant to interface with arduinos and such: https://hackaday.com/2019/07/26/hdmi-from-your-arduino/

Would be an interesting effort to interface it with an arduboy to get glorious hdmi out (and coupled with the flash chip mod and a wireless controller) to make the ultimate consolized arduboy!!!

1 Like

Looks expensive… :face_with_raised_eyebrow: …a small FPGA like the Spartan 3A can natively do HDMI / DVI on its own, just use parts of the minispartan3 as a reference design and VGA1306 v2.0 could become HDMI1306 v1.0 fairly easily!

1 Like

My end goal would be connecting an arduboy to my laser pico projector … pew pew! (bonus points if it all fits in a portable shell)

How about VGA1306 (VGA-out for DIY Arduboys implemented on an FPGA!)?

I tried it, and it works wonderfully.

2 Likes

I have a vga1306, but my pico projector only has hdmi in so I’d have to use an additional video converter to adapt vga to hdmi making the device less portable and more power hungry.

1 Like

Well, you could de-solder the VGA connector from the VGA1306, and build yourself one of these little 3-bit RGB-to-DVI boards? :upside_down_face:

‘1BitSquared’ had them for sale, but looks like they only have the 12-bit version in stock right now…

2 Likes

Interesting, I’ll have to see if I can source the chip and make my own board as small as possible.

2 Likes