[CONTEST COMPLETE] Bus Driver Simulator

UPDATE: I road the bus twice in the past week and I did not even have an Arduboy with me. If I had a bus driving game I would tho, and I would take a pic or even a video of it. But I can’t… yet.

P.S. I almost never actually have an Arduboy on me, because I hate having things in my pockets or a Castanza wallet.

And now your mini arcade games seems very cool too… I don’t remember if someone have already hack it to be able to play many games on it but with the games on this little deamon console, this will be a have to have in the pocket stuff…and mainly in a train or a bus…

Did any of this turn out @Kiwi? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Been busy with work lately. I will try to work on this soon.

2 Likes

Yo whatup @Kiwi quit your job and work on Arduboy games! :smiley:

Free modded Arduboy. I’ll even have it laser engraved with special bus driver simulator logo on the back if anyone else wants to take a swing at it.

2 Likes

Is this contest still open?

1 Like

Yes the contest is open! Someone please finish it!

1 Like

Done!

Desert_Bus.ino.leonardo.hex (64.1 KB)

5 Likes

nice! someone has to show it in the arduboy to penn & teller

Nice, but is it really done?

1 Like

What do you mean?

Edit: I have only tried it on emulator so an acutal hardware test would be great.

Edit 2.0 Just remembered theres no way to turn the music off XD so any feedback would be great

1 Like

I was really just asking. What I saw was great for what is is, was just wondering what were the features that was supposed to be in.

I noticed the steering wheel seems to be see-through?

Is the game play supposed to be just keeping the bus driving straight? No idea why the bus would drift right all the time if the road looks to be straight.

Im fixing that now.

If you watch the gameplay footage Penn tells you that the bus drifts to the right.

Edit: Updated version
Desert_Bus.ino.leonardo.hex (66.0 KB)

2 Likes

If you’re using the Arduboy2 library and any of the standard methods to generate sound, you should be able to turn sound on and off using the system mute control (that is, if you haven’t disabled the feature).

Hold the B button while powering up and, while continuing to hold B, press UP to enable sound or DOWN to disable it.

Ive been using the emulator because my arduboy is broken…So No sound

I’ll test it on a real Arduboy only if you provide the source code.

Sound doesn’t work. You’re missing a call to
ard.audio.begin();
in setup.

Then, if you want the user to be able to mute the sound and don’t want to add this functionality to the game itself, you can add a call to
ard.systemButtons();

At this point, the only thing you’re missing from just using begin() is the boot logo. Until you get to the point that you’re short on program space, why not just call ard.begin()? If the user doesn’t want the ARDUBOY logo, they can disable it using the flag in system EEPROM.

With the above changes, you get some sound, even in the emulator, but it’s not working properly. You get a few notes then one continuous tone. It looks like there’s an error in the score.

Desert_Bus.ino.leonardo.hex

Changed to the arduboy playtune library

I think the milage counter is broken.
Is the first digit supposed to be stuck between 7 and 8?
And is the last digit supposed to be drawing as black on white?