[CONTEST] Download a Car / Death Star Plans

Make a game and win a FREE Purple Micro Card of your choice!

Space Invaders, Q*bert and Breakout/Asteroids

2 topics available!

Over in the off topic category we were discussing the popular “You wouldn’t download a car” meme and I came across a few gems.

Contest 1: Car Downloading Simulator

Contest 2: The Death Star Plans

So, I think it would be hilarious if there was a “Car” arduboy game you could download that is like that first meme.

The plans for the death star could be just that:

May the games begin!

3 Likes

Huh. The death star plans animation isn’t even perspective-corrected. Also they’re completely wrong; the aperture shouldn’t be on the equator. Never noticed that before.

Anyway, low-effort import into my old arduboy3d code:

arduboy3d.ino.leonardo.hex

edit: fixed animation

3 Likes

DeathStar.ino.leonardo.hex (75.5 KB)

I can’t say no to free mini consoles :stuck_out_tongue: (there is a bonus animation after 200 loops) source

3 Likes

Welp that was fast! Download the deathstar plans into your Arduboy-unit for safe keeping!

Double winners I’ll count them both for different implementations.

Can we download a car then? I’d love to see a progress bar and a choice of different vehicles.

2 Likes

Just got home from work’s xmas party 4hrs ago …
It’s a big ask :stuck_out_tongue: right now.

somanybothans.hex (77.5 KB)

And IMHO the best comic on the topic: https://www.bluemilkspecial.com/comic/many-bothans-died/

2 Likes

OMG IT KEEPS GETTING BETTER!

p.s. white line glitch on the left

1 Like

It’s the frame on both sides from the original video center-cropped to 512x256 then scaled down 1/4 to arduboy resolution.

Emulator’s off-by-one bug shows the rightmost line on the left. It does the same with Starduino.

There is one issue with my video encoder tho: it’s flipped horizontally…
But it’s 2am so I’ll fix that later and re-encode :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Still waiting on the car downloading simulator bonus points for including a ford torus as an option.

1 Like

Since there are no car downloading entries yet, here’s my car downloading attempt :slight_smile:

cardownload.hex (36.5 KB)

10 Likes

Wow, thank you @Mr.Blinky I had a good solid laugh out loud at this one. Topical and perfect execution of subverting the expectation.

2 Likes

Very funny! I love this. Reminds me of the old days of downloading files and having them turn up all corrupted.

1 Like