Dark&Under - A Dungeon Crawler

(Darrell) #106

I’ve made it about half way into the second level. But then, I haven’t tried that hard to beat it. I just love tinkering around with it - super fun! Still amazes me that I can play games 10x better than the ones from the late ‘70s on a device so tiny! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Darrell) #107

I second that “Thank You” - this is an amazing game and an excellent team that put this together! I’ve been amazed by the supporting Arduboy community since the Kickstarter days on IRC and beyond! Kudos!

(Simon) #108

Hey Darrell, are you tinkering with the code or levels? I would love to see what you are doing with the game. Not right now, but in the future we might look at some enhancements to the game to keep it relevant.

(Simon) #109

I thought I would re-tweet something @Keyboard_Camper found on Twitter.

(Moieman) #110

Hi, I Recently Downloaded the files for this game and got this error message:Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows Store 1.8.10.0) (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino Leonardo”

C:\Users\Aidan\Documents\Arduino\Dark-And-Under\Dark-And-Under.ino: In function ‘void loop()’:

Dark-And-Under:124: error: ‘playLoop’ was not declared in this scope

delayLength = playLoop();

^

exit status 1
’playLoop’ was not declared in this scope

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Think You could help me out here? looks like a fantastic game that id love to play but cant seem to.

(Scott) #111

Please follow the Adding Programs guide to put all the required files in your IDE Sketchbook.

It looks like this game is a bit more difficult to install than most. You’ll also have to include the src folder and its contents in the Dark-And-Under folder.

(Pharap) #112

@Moieman

Did you rename the Dark-And-Under-master folder after extraction or did you click on Dark-And-Under.ino and let the IDE create a folder for you?

(Mr Y) #113

WOW!!!

This is EXCELLENT!

Now I will not be able to turn the Arduboy off - like - forevah!!! :wink:

(Simon) #114

Thanks @Mr_Y … lookout for the level designer. You can may your own dungeons!

(Darrell) #115

No fiddling with the code (yet). Still enjoying this game tremendously! But I’d love to design a level or two soon.

(Scott R) #116

Has anyone beat the game yet?

(Pharap) #117

For that matter, has anyone even reached the final boss yet?
(Other than you of course.)

(Darrell) #118

Still on Level 2, but loving every twist and turn! :star_struck:

(Diamond Leyba) #119

Were you able to load it on game loader? Thanks

(Kevin) #120

Dark and Under is now featured prominently on the Arduboy homepage!

https://arduboy.com/

Congrats!

(Simon) #121

Fantastic!

You can send the royalties to:

Filmote
PO Box 999
Melbourne VIC 3000

(Pharap) #122

I knew we should have agreed percentages up front. :P

(Kevin) #123

I’ll just draw a kangaroo on the box I’m sure it will get there fine

(Scott R) #124

Time for a sequel?
Down & Under : Wrath of the Kookaburra

(Simon) #125

I get Kookaburras in the trees outside my house and they are fine. Its the nasty currawongs you need to watch …