@filmote, should we move the code into a subfolder instead of root?
This is at least the 3rd time we’ve had someone bring up this issue and to be honest I often end up forgetting to take the -master off of games that are dumped in root until I’ve already clicked the .ino.
I think this issue is a little different as I think the folder structure between the INOs and the /src/ subdirectory was broken. He has correctly placed it in a directory with the same name as the INO according to the error message.
Having said that, it would not hurt for future downloaders.
Probably easier for you to handle it since I’ll be disappearing for the night shortly.
(Also I’d have to dig out my copy of portable git to handle the moving since the UI isn’t very good at handling moves.)
I’ve just finished retroactively adding .hex and .arduboy files to the releases page of Dark & Under.
From now on if we have any more release we’ll strive to make the .hex files available alongside the releases to make downloading the games easier for people who don’t know how to compile the source or don’t want to download the whole source just to get a .hex file.
We’re also in the process of moving the source code into a separate folder to adhere to the Arduino IDE’s rule for .ino files so people won’t have to rename the file they extract from the .zip/.tar.gz every time they download a fresh copy of the code.
I tested with two different json validators and they said the info.json was fine, and both the hex files in the .arduboy are the same as the ones released bare.
No idea what’s going on there.
Could be a bug in Arduboy Mate.
There was a bug before I reuploaded though - a missing comma.
Presumably it was never found before because nobody bothers with the .arduboy files, or one of the other tools can read improperly formatted json or something.
If those upload correctly then I’m going to guess that Arduboy Mate isn’t behaving as it should, even with the issue fixed.
I’m guessing either most people have been either compiling their own or using the .hex instead of the .arduboy, since I’m 99% sure the comma issue has existed ever since devkit support was added and nobody noticed until now.
I just retroactively edited the ones on the release page to include it just in case someone wants to use an old version in .arduboy format.
(Though there’s no need to use the older versions.)
I DID try the old .arduboy file with craits uploader, with no problems.
Some files and loaders seem not to like each other in general though.
If i upload the .hex from jetpac for example with team arg‘s uploader the arduboy isn’t found anymore until you restart your pc, with craits uploader it works fine…
It’s possible to compile in saving as a feature but it eats up 900+ bytes of progmem. (I.e. the functionality is there in the code, but it has to be conditionally enabled.)
For the regular campaign, to allow saving we’d have to remove at least one of the levels and split the levels across multiple hexes so people would have to re-flash their Arduboy to reach the next level.