[Discuss] Arduboy Quick Start Guide

(Darrell) #65

“brain fart” -> “clear the air” You did that on purpose, right? :wink: :smile:

(Javier Jr Linares) #66

can someone make a video on how to add game to the arduboy using windows

How to Add Games to an Arduboy

@wingsofsarrow this video helped me when I was struggling to add games using the quickstart guide:

https://youtu.be/5_pB3-uREm4

If that doesn’t help, send me a pm and I can give sort of a step by step, using what I’ve learned as a total noob.

I really need help [learning to code]! >-<
(B Alan Eisen) #69

As soon as I can erase one and then reinstall it, I will make a (crappy) video showing how to do this. I have never made a video before, so bear with me. Once I become expert in Arduboy code, I will be willing to help. I have some games that I wrote years ago for the Timex 1000 and the 2068. I want to update them. I wrote “No Invaders” back in 1983. This was a book of nothing but graphics. I wish that I kept it in printed form. Oh, well.

(B Alan Eisen) #70

Will Kickstarter Arduboys be updated?

(Scott) #71

An AVR programmer is needed to update the bootloader. The required files will likely be made available, so you could do it yourself with the proper equipment and skills. I suspect if Arduboy offers to do bootloader updates, it will be something you’ll have to pay for.

(B Alan Eisen) #72

I have a few of these. I would be willing to help with these.

(B Alan Eisen) #73

I couldnt do anything with the card. I wiped every trace of it on my Windows system. I reinstalled Arduino and made sure that I picked Com3. This wasnt available before. Now it works.

I uploaded the adruboy librabry but i get errors whenevr i compile This is the error i get when i compile the example HelloWorld sketch:
Arduino: 1.6.6 (Windows 8.1), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Uno”

In file included from c:\program files (x86)\arduino\hardware\tools\avr\avr\include\avr\io.h:99:0,

from c:\program files (x86)\arduino\hardware\tools\avr\avr\include\avr\power.h:35,

from C:\Users\standard\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduboy-1.1\src\core/core.h:4,

from C:\Users\standard\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduboy-1.1\src\Arduboy.h:4,

from C:\Users\standard\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduboy-1.1\src\Arduboy.cpp:1:

C:\Users\standard\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduboy-1.1\src\Arduboy.cpp: In member function ‘void Arduboy::initRandomSeed()’:

C:\Users\standard\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduboy-1.1\src\Arduboy.h:23:39: error: ‘MUX4’ was not declared in this scope

#define ADC_VOLTAGE (_BV(REFS0) | _BV(MUX4) | _BV(MUX3) | _BV(MUX2) | _BV(MUX1))

^

C:\Users\standard\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduboy-1.1\src\Arduboy.cpp:141:42: note: in expansion of macro ‘ADC_VOLTAGE’

randomSeed(~rawADC(ADC_TEMP) * ~rawADC(ADC_VOLTAGE) * ~micros() + micros());

^

C:\Users\standard\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduboy-1.1\src\Arduboy.cpp: In member function ‘uint16_t Arduboy::rawADC(byte)’:

C:\Users\standard\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduboy-1.1\src\Arduboy.cpp:150:18: error: ‘MUX5’ was not declared in this scope

ADCSRB = _BV(MUX5);

^

exit status 1
Error compiling.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
enabled in File > Preferences.

Wht is the solution. Thanks

(Scott) #75

You have to select Arduboy or Arduino Leonardo as the board type, as instructed in Step 3 of the guide.

Also, Arduino IDE 1.6.6 is a bit old an may cause problems. Please update to Arduino 1.6.9 (Don’t use 1.6.10 It causes problems with the Aduboy library at the moment.)

I am trying to make my own version of the arduboy and im using the UNO for the current prototype

(Scott) #77

Then you may wish to start with the modifications I made to the Arduboy library to work with the ATmega328P (and please continue the discussion in that thread).
http://community.arduboy.com/t/12-arduboy-compatible-system/236/55?u=mlxxxp

(Cody) #78

hi does this go in a html version I went htm like for 5 months and gave up (out of Bordem ) but I wasn't doing any fun stuff but now I am so please try get back to me

(Scott) #79

I’ve removed references to codebender in the Quick Start Guide, since the service is being shut down.
https://codebender.cc/next-chapter

(Cody) #80

Cool thanks checking link out now😀

(Scott) #81

I’ve changed the title of this topic from Kickstarter Quick Start Guide to Arduboy Quick Start Guide since it covers all versions of the Arduboy, not just the Kickstarter rewards.

(Scott) #82

This guide has been updated to:

• Provide instructions for installing all the Arduboy related libraries, not just the Arduboy library.
  • Indicate that the Arduboy library is no longer being developed and that the Arduboy2 library is recommended for new sketches.
  • Provide information for using flashlight mode as a possible fix when a new sketch can’t be uploaded.

(Scott) #83

I’ve added the Arduboy-TinyFont library by @Botisaurus to the list of installable Arduboy related libraries in the Quick Start Guide.

Totally agree.
for some reason this is the first thing i did : D

And then the next thing I know is that I did a complete overhaul of the game and now that is the only thing I am playing : P
I would like my next game to be something like a snake or the classis Tetris, but I need somewhere to start.

Giving me a snake game written with 1,500 lines of a emulator and 8 different files is not helping, by the way.

What is the fuss about the “kickstarter” version?