DIY Arduboy FINISHED! | Community Knowledge in One Handheld

My DIY Arduboy is finally finished! This is just something I made while I am waiting for my flash chip and capacitors to arrive, but I’m still really proud of this little thing. It’s kind of the first project I’ve really soldered on, so if you see random bits of solder everywhere on the perfboard, just know I tried my best :smirk:. It uses an Arduino Pro Micro 5V 16MH as the motherboard. To power the device, it uses 4x AAA batteries. for 6V which is connected through RAW. It uses a piezo disc for sound which actually is at a really nice volume. The front perfboard is slightly thicker at the bottom and the top is tapered in for a more comfortable hold. For the display, it uses an SPI 0.96" SSD1306 OLED screen. If anyone wants to know, I used the alternate wiring of the arduboy production schematics, with @Mr.Blinky 's homemade package to fix the speaker and other things. Here are some photos:

To be honest, almost every bit of information used to create this was from the community, from the piezo disc, homemade package, power etc. I haven’t got a name for it yet, but if you have any ideas, feel free to post them below :slight_smile:

EDIT: Sorry for the bad photos.

3 Likes