DIY Arduboy Game code uploads but no display (Display works fine though)

Hi, i made a DIY Arduboy using Ardiuno Pro Micro and a I2C display with 4 pin outs (GND, VDD SCK SDA). i am unable to play games on it, the codes successfully uploads but I get a blank display. but the display works 100% I tested it using the examples for Adafruit SSD 1306 (IC2 182x32). I also installed all the arduboy and adafruit (display) libraries. Can anyone please tell me how to solve this issue?. Thank you.

Hi. To which pins did you wire the display (A picture of your setup may also be helpful) and did you install any Arduboy libraries besides the Homemade package?

1 Like

I’m guessing you installed the normal Arduboy libraries instead of the ones from the homemade package?

The normal Arduboy libraries don’t work with an I2C display, you have to use the homemade package.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.

I wired the pins as follows,
GND…GND
VDD…VCC
SCK…D3
SDA…D2
I use arduino pro micro

Thanks for the reply, i did install homemade package but i must have put the wrong port and display settings option in TOOLS > BOARD section to upload a programme and i bricked my pro micro, but i reset it and its fine, can you please tell me what settings to apply before uploading a code. Thank you.

Your using the wrong pins. The Homemade package Wiring table says:

|OLED SDA |4 PORTD4***** |
|OLED SCL |6 PORTD7***** |

(*****) support for I2C displays has been added. When using an I2C display the SDA pin should be connected to pin 4 PORTD4 and the SCL pin to pin 6 PORTD7 unless you’re using a Pro Micro with the alternate wiring scherme. In that case SCL pin should be connected to pin 1/TXO PORTD3.

Based on: Pro Micro 5V standard wiring
Display: SSD1306-I2C (2Mbps) or SH1106-I2C (2Mbps) depending on your display

2 Likes

is sck and scl the same?

Yes (SCL is usually used for I2C and SCK for SPI though).

1 Like

Thank you Mr.blinky this really helped me :pray:, one more question though,
|OLED SDA |4 PORTD4***** |
|OLED SCL |6 PORTD7***** |
these two oled connections are for Pro Micro right? the thing is the display works fine at connections,
SCK…D3
SDA…D2
but if i change to D4 and D7 will i be able to play aruboy games?.

1 Like

Yes

D4 and D6

3 Likes

Thank You, Mr. Blinky, Im new to this arduino so, sorry to bother you with a lot of questions. I rewired everything like you said and it works now.

2 Likes