Diy fx Schematic help

I would like some help getting this schematic figured out. I’m a noob when it comes to hardware and I would love if someone could tell me if this is wired correctly before I order parts. Specifically i’m wondering if the oled and flash chip are wired together correctly and if that volume pot will work for a piezo speaker.

Thanks in advance.

So just from a quick glance some potential issues:

• The volume pot wires going to pins 2 and 3 need to be swapped
  • The rgb led green channel resistor end is floating (not sure if intentional)
  • The flash chip’s clock and digital output (DO) pins are not wired to anything, they are required for the chip to work
  • The usb c port’s cc pins are floating (this one isn’t strictly an issue if you use a dumb charger that always outputs 5v but if you want them to work with all chargers then iirc you need termination resistors, google reference schematics for wiring usb c ports). Additionally only one set of data pins are connected, this means the cable will only connect the arduboy to a computer in one orientation but not if you flip the plug (easy fix is to connect dp1+dp2 and dn1+dn2). Finally the shell of the connector should connect to ground.
  • The micro usb connector’s shell should also be grounded and it’s vcc pin connected to vcc.
  • Power SS-12D06 switch is wired to short output straight to ground when the console is off (very bad situation). Disconnect ground from pin 3!

Hopefully this helps.

2 Likes

Had a quick look aswell and noticed:

• the power switch in position 2-3 shorts the output of the TP4056 module to ground.
  • The RGB LED seems to be a common cathode instead of common Anode ( the common pin is connected to GND instead of VCC)

Can’t say much about the pro micro wiring. The symbols are unreadable to me.

2 Likes

From my understanding, using the standard wiring (which i should have mentioned i’m using in the first post) doesnt support the green led.

Ok I think I fixed the issues. and I appreciate yalls help with this.

Thanks again, I finally got it going after some tribulations but its working great now.
Definitely some things I’ll change for a rev2 pcb though. I accidently had the oled swapped backwards so I had to jumper each pin to the opposite side. also my base and emitter on the pnp were backwards but I just installed it upside down to fix it.

Having alot of fun with it, cant wait to start programming some games.

4 Likes