Does not upload games properly [Solved]

(Connor Dobberstein) #1

Here’s the error message I don’t understand it and really need help.

Arduino: 1.6.13 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduboy”

Sketch uses 26,488 bytes (92%) of program storage space. Maximum is 28,672 bytes.
Global variables use 1,681 bytes (65%) of dynamic memory, leaving 879 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,560 bytes.

avrdude: ser_recv(): read error: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.

avrdude: butterfly_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: ser_drain(): read error: The device does not recognize the command.

avrdude: ser_send(): write error: sorry no info avail
avrdude: ser_recv(): read error: The device does not recognize the command.

Found programmer: Id = “þ”; type = ¸
_ Software Version = h._

(Kevin) #2

Hello can you let us know what game you had tried to upload before this one?

There are some problems with the Ardunino versions 1.6.9 and above, but you can follow the guide for flashlight mode:

http://community.arduboy.com/t/how-to-use-flashlight-mode-to-fix-bricked-arduboys/

or the reset button:

http://community.arduboy.com/t/how-to-reset-arduboy-if-its-brickedhttp://community.arduboy.com/t/how-to-reset-arduboy-if-its-bricked

Let us know what happened before the error so we can try to figure out more what is going on, thanks!

(Connor Dobberstein) #3

None of these solutions worked. When ever i try to upload a sketch my Arduboy resets and the new sketch does not upload, and after it resets the uploading bar seems to be stuck in the same spot and will not complete the uploading process. Before trying to upload a new sketch the first time I updated my PC but I don’t know if that affected anything. Also the current sketch on my Arduboy is Stellar Impact and I can’t seem to remove it from my Arduboy

(Kevin) #4

That’s pretty unusual that flashlight mode didn’t work. So you tried holding the UP button when turning on the power and nothing different happened? (The screen should be blank with the LED in white)

I don’t think Stellar Impact is known to cause this problem so I wonder if something else could be going on.

Have you made sure the correct port is selected in Arduino?

(Connor Dobberstein) #5

The flashlight mode worked but It didn’t fix what ever problem I’m having. And yes the right port was selected.

(Kevin) #6

If it’s able to go into flashlight mode it seems to indicate the issue is on the PC side. Do you have another computer you can try it on to try and isolate the issue?

I don’t think it’s a bad USB cable because it wouldn’t be able to reset the Arduboy…

Have you tried closing out of all of Arduino instances or restarting the computer?

You might also give the Arduboy Manager a try.

If you’re still having issues please reach us at www.arduboy.com/contact/ and we can try to help you out directly.

(Connor Dobberstein) #7

So I tried Arduboy Manager and I still have a problem with loading games to the Arduboy. The Transfer process will not complete like before, and my Arduboy resets during transfer and Stellar Impact is still on it. And I do not have another computer to use. I’m beginning to think that my Arduboy is defectve or something.

(Kevin) #8

If you’ve programmed it before and it goes into flashlight mode then it seems the Arduboy is functioning correctly but we do want to make sure you get it working for you again.

If you could reach us at www.arduboy.com/contact/ with your order information we can try to look into it a little bit more.

@MLXXXp or @crait do you have any ideas?

(Holmes) #9

Can you do me a favor, please?

Hold the Windows Key + R and type in this… %AppData%\ArduboyManager\error.log and then hit the OK button.

Notepad should open up, but if not, select Notepad and you’ll be able to see the error log. Copy and paste the contents of that file so that I can see them.

:smiley:

I’m really interested in what it would show. It may help diagnose the problemo.

(Connor Dobberstein) #10

This is what happened when I did that.

(Holmes) #11

Weird. This would only ever happen if the Arduboy Manager successfully transferred the data. I am thinking that you must have something blocking the installation that my error checking doesn’t seem to catch.

I would assume that if flashlight mode and the reset button do not work, then it may very well be a faulty unit.

In my personal experience, the first time using the reset switch was really difficult since the timing was weird. I ended up fixing it with the reset button while in flashlight mode.

(Connor Dobberstein) #12

That last solution also didn’t work so we can determine that my unit is faulty. So how can I get it repaired/replaced? and what will it cost me?

(Holmes) #13

If you haven’t yet, use the contact form. They should help get you a new one. I don’t know what the process or timeline for that looks like, but I do know that the Arduboy folks will do everything in their power to make sure you’re happy.

(Kevin) #14

When you have a problem with your unit that can’t be easily resolved you can reach us at www.arduboy.com/contact/

To speed things up it’s best if you can include your order information with the message.

Hello! I have exactly the same problem after installing Stellar Impact : I originally posted to ask if there was a solution found… and I did find one! I put the arduboy in flashlight mode, then I was able to upload a new game!