Edge - Game Jam 3

Story:

You are a brave space explorer who has just received funding to explore a strange area at the edge of the galaxy. It was interesting to you at first due to its strangely high mass density, but, you also soon discovered a gravitational anomaly.

Gameplay:

It is an endless platformer, with space debris platforms randomly generated. The jumps get harder the further out you go. The longer you travel without falling, the higher score you get.

Pressing left or right increases your speed in that direction, or decreases your speed in the opposite direction. Hold down A to jump. The longer you hold it down, the higher you will jump. You cannot change speed or jump in mid-air.

Link to zip file with code: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gp9OIVXyJOkY3ZunwiZJiY5JQ536SFOP

Notes:

I was hoping to do a lot more with this, but I didn’t have a ton of time, and randomly generating the platforms in a good way was harder than I anticipated, and took a lot of my time.
Also, some weird bug drained about 3 hours…

Anyway, the gameplay is pretty basic, but I hope you enjoy nonetheless.

Also I know the art is terrible, I’m no artist.

Last minute submissions for the win!

4 Likes

Literally last minute!

Hey @RothXQuasar, way to submit right at the edge of time! :man_facepalming:t4:

Make sure to upload some screen shots. One approach to doing this can be via the ProjectAbe online emulator. There are some instructions n the Tamagotcha v0.1 (Game Jame 3) thread.

1 Like