Epic Crates of Mass Destruction - Fifth TEAM a.r.g. game

This is our fifth game for Arduboy. This one was made by @dragula96 and art by @JO3RI.

Here you have a video:

Manual, media, download and technical are all on our website:
http://www.team-arg.org/ecomd-manual.html

"Semi-Official" Game List for the Arduboy
"Semi-Official" Game List for the Arduboy
(Josh Goebel) #2

Did you hit 60FPS? :slight_smile: Video makes it look like gameplay is really fast - intentional?

Running at 60 fps, cpu usage about 95 -110. We wanted it to be fast

(Kevin) #4

This game is so awesome I love all the different weapons and the parallax background even though it doesn’t make any sense.

Well @bateske sometimes you have to put stuff in a game that don’t make any sense, but just look cool :wink:

Happy you love the game !

(Dave) #6

it was all Joeri’s idea :stuck_out_tongue:

(Ash) #7

Having problems compiling this, got the Arduboy non-devkit version, board is selected right, included the arduboy library, but getting the following error:

Arduino: 1.6.9 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino Leonardo”

sketch\Arglib.cpp:142:6: warning: always_inline function might not be inlinable [-Wattributes]

void Arduboy::safeMode()

^

sketch\Arglib.cpp:92:6: warning: always_inline function might not be inlinable [-Wattributes]

void Arduboy::bootLCD()

^

SHRUN-AB_v15:58: error: ‘SimpleButtons’ does not name a type

SimpleButtons buttons (arduboy);

^

C:\Users\Tachikoma\Documents\Arduino\SHRUN-AB_v15\SHRUN-AB_v15.ino: In function ‘void setup()’:

C:\Users\Tachikoma\Documents\Arduino\SHRUN-AB_v15\SHRUN-AB_v15.ino:110:17: warning: ‘void Arduboy::start()’ is deprecated (declared at C:\Users\Tachikoma\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduboy\src/Arduboy.h:48): use begin() instead [-Wdeprecated-declarations]

arduboy.start();

^

C:\Users\Tachikoma\Documents\Arduino\SHRUN-AB_v15\SHRUN-AB_v15.ino:115:24: warning: ‘void Arduboy::clearDisplay()’ is deprecated (declared at C:\Users\Tachikoma\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduboy\src/Arduboy.h:58): use clear() instead [-Wdeprecated-declarations]

arduboy.clearDisplay();

^

C:\Users\Tachikoma\Documents\Arduino\SHRUN-AB_v15\SHRUN-AB_v15.ino: In function ‘void loop()’:

SHRUN-AB_v15:123: error: ‘buttons’ was not declared in this scope

buttons.poll();

^

C:\Users\Tachikoma\Documents\Arduino\SHRUN-AB_v15\SHRUN-AB_v15.ino:175:34: warning: ‘void Arduboy::clearDisplay()’ is deprecated (declared at C:\Users\Tachikoma\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduboy\src/Arduboy.h:58): use clear() instead [-Wdeprecated-declarations]

arduboy.clearDisplay();

^

C:\Users\Tachikoma\Documents\Arduino\SHRUN-AB_v15\SHRUN-AB_v15.ino:181:34: warning: ‘void Arduboy::clearDisplay()’ is deprecated (declared at C:\Users\Tachikoma\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduboy\src/Arduboy.h:58): use clear() instead [-Wdeprecated-declarations]

arduboy.clearDisplay();

^

SHRUN-AB_v15:192: error: ‘class ArduboyAudio’ has no member named ‘save_on_off’

arduboy.audio.save_on_off();

^

C:\Users\Tachikoma\Documents\Arduino\SHRUN-AB_v15\SHRUN-AB_v15.ino:195:34: warning: ‘void Arduboy::clearDisplay()’ is deprecated (declared at C:\Users\Tachikoma\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduboy\src/Arduboy.h:58): use clear() instead [-Wdeprecated-declarations]

arduboy.clearDisplay();

^

C:\Users\Tachikoma\Documents\Arduino\SHRUN-AB_v15\SHRUN-AB_v15.ino:207:32: warning: ‘void Arduboy::clearDisplay()’ is deprecated (declared at C:\Users\Tachikoma\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduboy\src/Arduboy.h:58): use clear() instead [-Wdeprecated-declarations]

arduboy.clearDisplay();

^

C:\Users\Tachikoma\Documents\Arduino\SHRUN-AB_v15\SHRUN-AB_v15.ino:222:30: warning: ‘void Arduboy::clearDisplay()’ is deprecated (declared at C:\Users\Tachikoma\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduboy\src/Arduboy.h:58): use clear() instead [-Wdeprecated-declarations]

arduboy.clearDisplay();

^

C:\Users\Tachikoma\Documents\Arduino\SHRUN-AB_v15\SHRUN-AB_v15.ino:244:30: warning: ‘void Arduboy::clearDisplay()’ is deprecated (declared at C:\Users\Tachikoma\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Arduboy\src/Arduboy.h:58): use clear() instead [-Wdeprecated-declarations]

arduboy.clearDisplay();

^

exit status 1
’SimpleButtons’ does not name a type

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

(Ash) #8

Nope ignore me, just realised I didn’t have to include the arduboy.h file for team are games, all good now, working a treat!

@Tachikoma Thanks for trying out our games !

Even better you found the solution yourself :slight_smile:

PS: all TEAM a.r.g. games work out of the “box” … HURRAY !

(Ash) #10

You are welcome, great games, will have to spend a few hours going over the code, I’m a vb developer by trade, never done C/Java/etc so will be interesting to see if I can pick it up easily!

Great !

if you want to start easy start with shadow runner. It has almost no game logic …

(Ash) #12

Sounds good, cheers!

(Vince Ruffalo) #13

my unit bricked otherwise it would be first game I’d like to give a go,perhaps down the road after new unit can be had

(Ross) #14

Hi! Have you used the search feature at the top or looked through the #arduboy:issues section to see if anything looks like it might fix your issue as well?

Commonly an old USB cable turns out to be the problem, and replacing your data cable with a new one will solve most problems.

Bricked means you have been able to upload something before. So my guess is you’ll have to do the reset button / upload trick. Timing is crucial: press upload and then the reset button, you’ll have to try multiple times until you’ll find the exact momentum.

(Noel Crowley) #16

Great game, probably my favourite on the Arduboy so far!