Eprom saves list

I’m worried about using another dev’s eprom save space and wiping a player’s score, Is there, or should there be an eprom list we can add to, so we don’t use the same numbers?

1 Like

Having a save list and a utility to add remove saves would be useful, I noticed that when changing between some games and Evade my arduboy name and ID in Evades scores get messed up, for me its just a minor issue but if it became persistent where saves get overwritten and lost it could become annoying.

The info.json file in a .arduboy file defines fields to indicate EEPROM usage for a sketch. A program upload manager or a dedicated utility could extract and parse this information to create a list of EEPROM usage.

There has been discussion on using this info for a standard file format for saving and restoring EEPROM data. (But, like anything concerning EEPROM standardisation, it hasn’t really gone anywhere.)

2 Likes

Backup and restore of EEPROM sounds like the most practical method of preserving persistent data when changing games.