Greetings, I have a problem. Every Arduboy 1 library game loads up on my Arduboy, but im getting heavy graphical bugs(I can send pictures in if you want). Arduboy 2 lib games run fine, but at the Arduboy Bootlogo I am getting a code or something like this named: 1AAA00. Please Help
Ps: Also the example files of Arduino dont work
1AAA00 is probably garbage in the EEPROM setting where your arduboy ‘name’ can be set. You might want to compile the example sketch
SetNameAndID provided with the Arduboy2 library and set it.
As for the grpahical bugs, can you post some pics?
Pictures and more information would be useful.
- What version of the Arduino IDE are you using?
- What version of the Arduboy2 library are you using?
- What code are you using?
I am using the latest Arduino IDE and also the lastest Arduboy2 lib. For the code i used the example files for the Arduboy1/2 lib.
Are you sure? Please do the following to confirm:
The IDE should be at version 1.8.7
You will probably see this given in the IDE’s top window bar.
- In the IDE menu select:
File > Preferences
- In the Preferences window check the box for
Show verbose output during: ☑ compilation
- Click on
OK at the bottom right of the Preferences window.
- Load the Arduoboy2 HelloWorld example sketch:
File > Examples > Arduboy2 > HelloWorld
If you compile the HelloWorld sketch, you should see output with the following version numbers:
Using library Arduboy2 at version 5.2.0 in folder: xxxxx
Using library EEPROM at version 2.0 in folder: xxxxx
Sketch uses 6992 bytes (24%) of program storage space. Maximum is 28672 bytes.
Global variables use 1216 bytes (47%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1344 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2560 bytes.
As @filmote said, the 1AAA00 is a customised name or garbage set in the system EEPROM. You can change or clear this using the Arduboy2 library’s SetSystemEEPROM example sketch:
File > Examples > Arduboy2 > SetSystemEEPROM
Sorry, that should be 5.1.0 (I had a pre-release version loaded in my IDE.)
Continuing the discussion from Error when trying to upload/start an Arduboy 1 or 2 library game:
I fixed the graphical bugs, the Arduboy library was just corrupted. It worked after I reinstalled it. The EEPROM garbage is also gone. Thanks for the help