FidgetSpinner - A very simple fidget spinner simulator for Arduboy

(Tiago Bento) #1

UPDATE v2.1! The pre-compiled binaries were fixed and don’t include the bootloader anymore (which bricked the Arduboy when flashed)
Related to the issue documented here: https://community.arduboy.com/t/dont-install-the-fidget-spinner-app-get-help-here/4133

A very simple fidget spinner simulator for Arduboy, as if there aren’t enough fidget spinners already.

You can spin the spinner clockwise or counter-clockwise, as well as change the design of the spinner.

This is my first Arduboy project.

Controls

• A Button: spin counter-clockwise
  • B Button: spin clockwise
  • Left/Right button: change the design of the spinner
  • Up/Down button: change the background color

Download

How to run

• Upload the .arduboy or .hex file using tools like Arduboy Game Loader
  • Build the sketch using the Arduino IDE

Credits

Don't install the Fidget Spinner app! - Get help here
New (another) unofficial repo :)
Don't install the Fidget Spinner app! - Get help here
(Erwin) #2

Great! (but no sound? :confused: )

(Tiago Bento) #3

Oh yeah…I completely forgot about sound! :sweat: Will add it later, thanks!

(Boti Kis) #4

1/10 can not recommend.

Spinned my Arduboy so fast that it broke the space-time continuum and throw me back in time where i landed on the very first mammal which destroyed all mankind.

I had to fix that so I’ve turned it a couple of other times in different directions while partly restoring the history in the correct order.

I’m back now after this long journey and the only difference so far is that trump is president.
Thus i can not recommend this game.

(Kevin) #5

Oh man, it’s happening it is the fidget spinner singularity

(Pharap) #6

I’m starting to dislike 2017, can we have 2016 back please?

(Phil Graham) #7

It was only a matter of time before someone made a Fidget Spinner simulator!

(Scott R) #8

Thanks for sharing :+1:t2:

(Cody) #9

Oh my goodness…I love it I can’t express my love for this game.:joy::joy::joy:

(Mike) #10

Very nice. I actually bought one on impulse today just to see what the fuss was about. Your’s is a lot more fun! So I’m returning the one I bought.

(Tiago Bento) #12

Wasn’t me. I didn’t know what LowRes Coder was until now. Thanks!

(Pharap) #13

Same concept, different creator and implementation. Seems virtual spinners have become a craze in themselves, there’s several on Scratch and I’ve found afew youtube videos of them.

(Tiago Bento) #14

Finally added sound for the new 2.0 version.

I know it took way too long, but I had completely forgotten about this, sorry.

Why
This didn’t need to exist
But it’s good though

(Tiago Bento) #16

IMPORTANT!

There might be an issue with this project, as seen by this post https://community.arduboy.com/t/after-installing-fidget-spinner-rebooting-hangs-device-no-new-uploads/4133.

As such, please refrain from installing this project while this issue is being investigated, sorry.

When the cause is found, I will update this post with more info.

(Pharap) #17

You might want to temporarily edit the main post too in case the comment gets buried. You can always edit it out later.

For what it’s worth I had no problems after installing the sketch from source. I didn’t try the hex version so it could be the hex that has a problem or it could even be completely unrelated.

(Tiago Bento) #18

You might want to temporarily edit the main post too in case the comment gets buried. You can always edit it out later.

I tried to do that at first (for increased visibility), but had to resort to a comment since I can’t seem to find an “edit” option.

I didn’t try the hex version so it could be the hex that has a problem or it could even be completely unrelated.

It seems like the problem really is with the hex version, compiling the sketch from source seems to be safe.

(Pharap) #19

It’s the pencil to the left of the ....

I’d test it, but I don’t have the facilities to re-burn the bootloader.

(Kevin) #20

I’ve just configured the time limit for users to edit their posts to infinity instead of the default 2 months. Let the anarchy rule.

@Trigonated if you want to go and edit the main thread of the post to either remove the links or make it very clear this can cause problems.

@eried you might think about taking it down or putting a warning on your repo!

I think it would be best to pull the hex file and arduboy files besides the warning. You don’t want to have these versions spread any further.