Game Jam 3.0 [Now Voting!]

Announcing the 3rd Arduboy Game Jam!

Arduboy game jams are events where you have a limited amount of time to create a game based on a theme that is presented at the beginning of the game jam. At the end of the event, submissions will be evaluated and voted on by the community. The focus is on getting some inspiration for creating a game and just having fun. Typically prizes are involved.

Timeframe: May 1st - May 8th

How to Join: Submit your game to the community forum in the Game Jam 3 category by the deadline.

Rules: Because we had some learning experiences last time it’s important to state that the game should be submitted on time and on theme. If we know you’ve been working on a game before the game jam it will be disqualified.

Choose one, two, or all three themes in this game jam! You are encouraged to include all 3! Bonus points will be given for the effective combination of all 3 themes!

The 3 Themes:

Star Plan: Space Battle/Trade/Exploration Theme
Kusoge: Intentionally Difficult Gameplay
Education: Teach a lesson and verify results

There are always high quality submissions! We look forward to seeing what you’ve got!

The game jam is over! Vote for your favorite here:

12 Likes

Ohhhh … this time period covers May the 4th. I have an idea for a theme!

4 Likes

May the 4th be with you😉

4 Likes

Don’t get your hopes up, but I maybe the theme could be inspired by it. Some kind of tertiary relationship.

3 Likes

I have an idea too but I’m not going to pull it off in one or two weeks.

1 Like

I think we need more real time strategy games / simulators like MicroCity… that could be the theme :smiley:

3 Likes

‘Coz you can slap one of these together in a few days!

4 Likes

I agree! Would like to see a version of Advance Wars (I think I’ve seen a project on Github called Arduwars).

2 Likes

I forget who suggested it but a jam where people resurrected one of their own or even someone else’s idea for completion would be cool. Would need to be able to verify that the project had been started over (say) a year ago but us now completed …

5 Likes

Pyweek, Ludum Dare, Arduboy Game Jam, im busy xd

2 Likes

WOOT! WOOT! I can’t wait! :slight_smile:

1 Like

“SciFi” would suffice as a theme that overlaps the 4th of May (and won’t infringe any trademarks).

Zoo -> Holiday -> SciFi -> ??? -> Profit!

3 Likes

Or, what about an “educational” theme?

More educational games would help towards marketing the Arduboy towards schools.

The only educational games I can think of off the top of my head are Easter Panic (basic logo-like programming) and @taniguchi’s HEX2BIN.
We could do with some more.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :scream_cat::scream_cat::scream_cat:

5 Likes

Dying of dysentry is educational.

1 Like

It’s just that I make educational games for a living, so that’d make the jam look like work for me. :face_vomiting:

5 Likes

unintelligible screaming

3 Likes

Ooooooooh. Time to roll up my sleeves for my first Arduboy game jam!

3 Likes

I’m gonna allow all this :poop: posting just because this thread is mostly for excitement anyways but you maniacs start using header tags all willy nilly and I’m going to start flexing administrative privileges up in here.

2 Likes

@bateske have you consider making a homemade/diy arduboy contest along with the game jam. Its just an idea that pops on my head :smiley:

1 Like