Game Physics in Arduboy/C++

Hi all! I’m a Dev who works in C#, I do my game Dev in Unity and I’m looking to expand my skillset. I picked up an Arduboy a while back and love it, but I’m very limited in what I can as maths/physics is a bit of a pain point for me. Can anyone point me in the right direction for something to look at to implement say, jumping, in an Arduboy game? Any resources are really appreciated as I can’t find any libraries to help and can’t find any concrete paths on Google as for what to look at. Thanks so much in advance!

It’s not a complete answer since it doesn’t really address how to implement jumping, but here’s a physics demo:

And here’s a simple 2D platformer demo that more directly addresses the issue of jumping:

1 Like

Ah thank you! I just needed somewhere to start or a reference, I found a lot of the answers on Google were all over the place and assumed prior knowledge, but to learn sometimes you need the basics :slight_smile:

If you have any other questions or need help understanding the code, feel free to ask.

1 Like