Help with arduino cli

Hi there
I recently started to play around a little with arch linux, and learned about arduino cli
wanted to give it a try as i finish my Cotties Attack game, but i don’t have idea how to pass the options i need
i’m using @Mr.Blinky arduboy package for my homemade one

• homemade arduboy
  • Sparkfun pro micro 5v alternate wiring
  • arduboy optimized core
  • cathy 3k
  • sh1106
  • pin0/d2/rx original

someone knows how can i pass the compile/upload command? and also if posible emulate it directly on ProjectABE

edit:
after playing a little, i found a way to make it work

arduino-cli compile -b arduboy-homemade:avr:arduboy-homemade:based_on=promicro_alt,boot=cathy3k,core=arduboy-core,display=sh1106,flashselect=rx

btw for the regular arduboy, with
arduino-cli compile -b arduino:avr:leonardo

1 Like

Oof good luck… I’m not sure many people have experience with the CLI and from what I understand it’s features are still pretty basic I think it’s technically still in beta?

1 Like

I played around with Arduino cli over a year ago when we where working on the fx flash image to easily rebuild games which wasn’t needed in the end (used auto patching to add the bootloader button combo). Will need to dig it up and check it’s not outdated now.

1 Like

ok, after playing around a little and reading :laughing: i noticed that they say the arduino-cli is used as a base for the ide, online and pro version

so i went to the ide, compile a random project and reading the terminal output and just editing it a little, got this working :smiley:

arduino-cli compile -b arduboy-homemade:avr:arduboy-homemade:based_on=promicro_alt,boot=cathy3k,core=arduboy-core,display=sh1106,flashselect=rx

btw for the regular arduboy, with
arduino-cli compile -b arduino:avr:leonardo

3 Likes

That wouldn’t work as the homemade libraries are not accessible that way. It should be:
arduino-cli compile -b arduboy-homemade:avr:arduboy

2 Likes