Hello, just signed up! new arduboy on its way (I just recently got the maker bug, and I might recognize some familiar names here from the pokitto community).
Aside from willing to play the amazing games made for the arduboy, I’m also itching to try building my very first pcb, could someone help me out?
Disclaimer, I have no pcb design skills, this might take a while and a lot of questions.
My goal is to make a dual layer pcb arduboy compatible handheld with the following specs:
- uses AA batteries, no idea how many will be needed?
- same arduboy components: chip, display, etc.
- has flash storage capability
- minimize use of micro components and favor big resistors, diodes or whatever else is needed. Unfortunately I will still have to deal with the tiny processor, which seems pretty annoying to solder by hand.
- micro-usb or usb-c, whatever requires less hustle
I guess my first two questions are:
- what’s the exact parts list?
- where can I find the arduboy circuit schematic to make my own pcb?
P.s. yes, I know it’s a long road to learn all this stuff. No, I don’t want to start by getting a bunch of ready-made components.
Sorry for the long post! hope someone can get me the ropes to start : )